• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who would buy this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, thats highway robery. I'm going to be paying just a little over that price for a TDX block 1/2" with a D5 pump :D

iceage said:
I have this bridge to sell.....

I beleive that belongs in classifieds.... LOL

Does anyone have a review of how this thing stacks up against TDX's, Storm's, etc? The price/perforamance ratios would be interesting.

Its sold as a replacement. Koolance doesnt expect to sell these for custom boxes. Just for people who have a koolance setup and need a replacement block for whatever reason.

I bet a 1/2" Koolance block would outperform a DangerDen TDX and Swiftech 6002, but not the Storm/G4/G5. The heat tranfer is pretty impressive. I have one maby ill give it a shot.

Gold plated Copper - Only reason I can think of is corrosion resistance.

Remember that Gold is zero on the "anodic index". So it would be OK with systems
containing either Copper or Aluminum.

yeah, thats what i thought. Doesnt gold have a lower heat transfer ability then copper?

High density copper vs. low density copper...

correct me if im wrong, but would all copper have the same density....

It's just a plating, not a really a layer of copper thick enough to notice, just enough to give it the gold color and prevent corrosion. Like the nice A/V cables you can buy.

Back