• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

My new video card has arrived (NO MORE 5200 OC PCI)

i have now moved to an Sapphire X850XT, and shall be cooling it with a pelt (not sure if it goes here or extreme but theres more watercooling than extreme)

my loop will go something like this, MCP-600>Resivoir>Storm G4(new block)>MCW50T>BIX3

my questions are:
a- do i need a stronger pump for the G4?
b- should i add in another BIP2 (came with the pelt waterblock)
c- how do i mount the G4 (barbs at top, or bottom?)
d- how good of an overclock should i expect with the pelt on the X850XT (already past XT PE speeds on air and @ 35idle/50load)

oh and i forgot, i am using 6 Delta WFB1212M's on the BIX3, and i have an assortment of fans left (a few deltas, sanyo denkis (aluminum casing), stealth's panaflos)

The current pump should be fine and you shouldn't need to add a rad. If you don't have instructions for the water block, go download them from the Swiftech site. As for how much O/C you'll get? That's up to your vid card.

vid card is at 550/1200 doom3 @Ultra quality stable (only game i got)

and as for the storm, its one made by Cathar, i just wanted to know which way is the better mounting position?

Back