• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of "the beast" finally up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
well I know there are alot better computers out there other then mine but this took me a good amount of work and patience so I call it my beast

Computer038.jpg

This took me more work then I expected
I ended up cutting 4 120MM holes ... 2 for the rad on top... one for the exhaust and one for the air in on the side of the case.
It was my first time that I have ever modded a case so I didnt have many tools... I had a no-name rotary tool and some dremel pieces and away I went

Computer057.jpg

Computer056.jpg

Computer049.jpg

for those who may be wondering

the components are
820D @ 3.85 ghz (could go a lot higher but my ram is 533 and this is the end of the line until I get some better stuff)
P5WD2-P
7800GTX

6002-775
D5
Maze 4s on both the chip and the gpu
BIP II
4 7V deltas and 2 thermalflows

the rad sucks the air in from the top and blows it into the case instead of from the case out in an attempt to make the best of the coolest air through the rad

it goes
pump> chip> cpu> gpu> rad> res

Last edited:
it took me quite a while to get this up... about 5-6 hrs modding the case and then 2-3 hrs to run the wires neatly and also the tubing and about 35 minutes because i realized I had the tubing to the cpu flowing in on the side instead of directly in the centre.... yikes!

it took me quite a bit longer then normal because I had to "ghetto" a lot
I had a busted drill bit which served as a jig saw to cut away circles and such. I also had to file it down because I didnt have that attachment. and to do the side window I basically just relied on high RPM friction to melt away the plexy glass... man did that smell unpleasant

amazingly I did this without a tape measure as well... it was quite the adventure

this was supposed to be my test case because I had a spare... but it turned out so well I figured why not use it

i would guess around 30db
it would be quieter without the thermalflows because they are noiser then the 7V deltas

Good clean fun. Looks nice. That 180 before your pump inlet is kinda icky, thats not kinked at all, is it? That would kinda ruin the idea of having the res before the pump.

example9uz.jpg

On second glance it looks like the res intake line from the rad might be kinked too. They could be fine tho, maybe a bad angle. Either way show us some more pics with some creative angles.

Theres a certain sastifaction to building a watercooling loop. Hope your in that tree.

Good first effort. Hard to tell for sure but it looks like your power supply is obstructing the 120's on the rad to a great extent. If so, you may actually be better off running with the top set of fans only.

Hey Stratus, I have an odd questions for you. Whenever i see someone with their res below their rad I ask because my first loop is also going to be oriented the same way.

How do you fill it? Do you fill the res, turn on the pump, fill res some more, turn on the pump and so forth? Or do you tilt the case so that the res is temporarily the highest things in the loop when you fill it?

Thanks!

What temps are you getting with that kind of overclock?
50 at both core loads, 35 at idle

On second glance it looks like the res intake line from the rad might be kinked too

nope its not kinked... the closest thing to a kink I had was the chipset to the cpu but i put a clamp on that so its all good. However, on that thought I did put a clamp on it just to be sure

How do you fill it? Do you fill the res, turn on the pump, fill res some more, turn on the pump and so forth? Or do you tilt the case so that the res is temporarily the highest things in the loop when you fill it?

I stood the tower upright as usual. Filled the res, let it slide down into the pump... I had to hold the pump out straight from the res because it was having a hard time with the bends at first. I also had more tubing at first too though (rookie mistakes). Filled again and again until the loop looked full. I then bled it lying with the pci slots on the ground. and I also laid it window side down. I let it bleed/leak test for 72 hrs

Good first effort. Hard to tell for sure but it looks like your power supply is obstructing the 120's on the rad to a great extent. If so, you may actually be better off running with the top set of fans only.

with the fans pulling the air down would it make that much of a difference?

Last edited:
Nicely done. Any particular reason you chose to go to the chipset first? Did it make RAM access easier, the lines look cleaner, or just for the heck of it?

Funny how Swiftech makes such a big deal about making sure the outlet barb is on the top for all their other blocks, but on this one they kinda gloss it over. Granted, you can't change the orientation, but still. Guess that's what happens when they're trying to make a buck off their older Socket A 6002's, eh?

http://swiftnets.com/products/installationguide_MCW6000_2-A.pdf
http://swiftnets.com/products/installationguide_MCW6000_2-775.pdf

I can't tell from the pic, but did ya Teflon tape the chipset block? $0.10 of insurance.

Overall, a very well done first effort.

Back