• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP655 position question ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DimDragon

Hello, I have a question about orientation of the pump. I have read instalation positions but can't make much of it. If we say a 'normal' position is to put pump mounting plank on a desk with inlet pointing left and outlet pointing up then can I mount the pump in such way that it is rotated 90 degrees ahead so mounting plank is straight at your face, inlet is still on same place left and outlet is at the far side ? I just need to know if such mount is ok since this is the best position for my setup. Thx in advance.

The oriontation doesn't matter, people have it mounted in every way you can imagine.
Just set it up the easiest way you can and make sure that in case you have a res in your system thats it infront of the inlet and if you got a t-line that its infront of the inlet as well because it is a pain to prime it any other way.

Ditto on the t-line or res placement suggestion. You just need to make sure that the pump inlet has a ready supply of water. Other than that, you can mount it however you need.

Swiftech recommends that the pump be mounted on case bottom. Apparently this is better for the longevity of the pump. I mounted mine on the motherboard tray but I'll be moving it to the case floor.

You can mount it any which way. If it vibrates your case, consider suspending it. As mentioned above, mount the pump at the bottom. I believe the idea here is that the increased depth will increase the water pressure at the inlet, thus reducing cavitation. Reducing cavitation will make the pump perform better and last longer.

If for some reason you can't mount the pump near the floor of your case, consider adding a very tall filler tube to increase the water pressure. However you mount it, be sure to get all the air out before you start it. Turn it different ways so any trapped air goes up the tubes.

Back