• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning rad fins?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ForeverUnknown

Registered
Is there anyway to safely clean radiator fins? Not just the outside but parts that are impossible to get into. Maybe soak it in a solution?

I spilled a little vinegar while cleaning on a couple of fins, and I now have white residue (corrosion?). Any help with that?

I know soaking copper (like copper Heatsinks) in vinegar overnight, will get rid of that dark film that they can accumulate over time, if your is a copper rad, you might wanna try that, but ask some other guys who know more about WC than me.

I read the thread title and thought canned air too, even better if you have a can w/ the little straw nosel attachement, should work if were just talking dust here.

canned air or air compressor would work best. You could use a hose to spray water through it, then let the rad sit out in the sun to dry. Thats what i do with my rad every time i clean out the loop.

If im looking for a quick and easy way to clear most of the dust, i just switch the rad fans around and put them on full power. The dust just comes right off.

Back