• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this drive up my temps??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creepin_D

Registered
Thinking about using water cooling to cool the main chip on my board. Its running alot hotter than my cpu. I was wondering if it will drive up my temps a whole lot. I have a Danner Mag 5 pump, which runs to Dteck Rad and Swiftech Storm Water block, all connected with 1/2" tubing. Board is the Asus A8N-SLI Premiun and Chip is AMD Athlon 64 3700+ running at 2.8Ghz. Right now my cpu is at 30-32C and the board is up to 39-41C room temp is around 20C. Will water cooling my board warm up the water to the point that it no longer cools my board or cpu?? Thanks

the heatpipes should be fine. those temps arent bad as far as im concerned. Chipset blocks are worth it, imo.

How well is the airflow throuh your case? That might be something better to do than putting in a chipset block.

air flow isn't to bad, i'll see if i can improve on that. thanks for the help :)

Find out the manufacturer's max temp for that chip before you bother trying to lower it. As long as you're well under the max, your board is stable, and your fans aren't making too much noise, there's no reason to watercool it.

Back