• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe's passive cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
isnt that a game in the background?

Eh its big, kind of blingy. I just want to see the inside of the thing. It cant be too far off from the performance of the reserator when there is 0 air flow caused by other things.

:( jmke over at SPCR said the inside is just hollow, no maze or anything. Boo to scythe. Its just a prototype but I doubt, if it goes to production, that they'd add features. Still no word on the pump though

seen this before, anybody remember that thing that looked like a giant blue rocket ship? basically the same thing but twice the height, w/c companys need some new ideas.

Amarkarian said:
seen this before, anybody remember that thing that looked like a giant blue rocket ship? basically the same thing but twice the height, w/c companys need some new ideas.

you mean the reserator? :stick:

Amarkarian said:

LOL, :) you made my laugh...... giant blue rocket ship :p

My zalman reserator stands above my full tower case. I think thats a mid tower in that picture so the zalman is taller but that diffenatly has more surface area I like how they put the lines at the top and bottom better flow of water over more surface. Only thing that worries me is those fins look thin what if you bump into it, those fins will bend easy.

Perseus said:
Aren't the fins on passive radiators supposed to be situated vertically, in order to maximize convection?
Yes. That design doesn't seem to take full advantage of the dissipated heat to generate air flow. It looks rather like a baseboard heater standing on its end, and unless I'm missing something, it would work better mounted horizontally like a baseboard heater.

Back