• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adam's Operation GrandSlam ~ Watercooling Project[PICS]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-aDaM^

Disabled
Planned Specs

Water

BIX-2
MCP655
2 x 141CFM Deltas
Stainless Steal RadGrillz™
PrimoFlex 1/2"ID 3/4"OD Tubing(blue)
Swiftech Storm
DangerDen Fillport

System

thermaltake 600w (52A, +12)
AMD Operton 180
DFI SLi-DR Expert
7900GTX ~ ViperVenom 245w TEC Cooling
2 x 1GB of G.Skill PC4000

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of it before i start modding :X

adamz001large6ms.jpg

adamz002large0wd.jpg

adamz003large7zy.jpg

Heres a pic of the case totally dismantled, and rivits were drilled out that held some stupid ugly mounts :X

adamz010large8ew.jpg

i have a very similar case. I'd like to c how you're going to mount ur rad since i'm not quite sure where to put mine (2x120mm heatercore). I've put my watercool project down for the next 3 months due to school so hopefully i'll b ready by the time i start back up. Keep us posted!

I have a case almost exactly like that, the Antec P160W. What I did is I gutted it completely, put in my PSU, positioned the rad inside up under the top of the case to see how much space and clearence I'd have, and marked it on the top with a pencil (where I'd have to cut). After I got it marked, taped off to protect the metals, I used a hole saw to start cutting points and a jigsaw with an aluminum cutting blade to cut out the rad's fan holes.

These thermaltake cases are great for watercooling, there 22" in Depth...... I can fit a PCP&C 1KW and fit BIX-2 with no problems.

Flip-Mode said:
Cool, subscribed.

ty sir, Im just waiting for my order to come in, MCP655 , RadGrillz , Deltas , BIX-2 , Meanwell , Swiftech Peltier block , tubing , everything has been orderd!

CoreGamer said:
You must be jumping around in anticipation...:p

Yup :) but its good, gives me more time to think thing threw. Rad placement is futile.

Adam, the more details and pictures you have about the modifications you do to get the radiator in place on the top of the case will be helpful for everyone. Take pictures of multiple angles. Giving yourself time to think this THROUGH will help too :)

TreeNode said:
Adam, the more details and pictures you have about the modifications you do to get the radiator in place on the top of the case will be helpful for everyone. Take pictures of multiple angles. Giving yourself time to think this THROUGH will help too :)

Alright will do that :)

Alright the RadGrillz came today, and I Cut the restrictive MESH in the front fan casing for my case..... Here some pics, hopefully ill get my other parts in today.

adamz2002large7ap.jpg

adamz2003large5ss.jpg

They cheated, they didnt finish the back of the radgrillz, oh well dont see it anyway.

Alright guys. I got the RadGrillz grill today. I got it mounted, heres some pics :)

Heres which Dremelbit I used, worked great. I cut the top in under 10min.
dremelbitmedium8ae.jpg

This is how i masked the top, so I wouldnt damage the top after cutting.
maskingmedium1tf.jpg

Finished marking it, ready for dremel!
marking2medium1tz.jpg

First two cuts complete!
falhcut2medium6ph.jpg

Finished the cuts!
successmedium5ds.jpg

Its fits good :)
grillonmedium5nc.jpg

Back