• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case migration Lanfire -> Armor -> Some pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendosiris

Case migration Lanfire -> Armor -> Some pics *Updated*

Link to my latest post: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4419786#post4419786

Hey all, got my new thermaltake armor case in today. Still havent gotten my new dual 120 rad, but figured i'd move everything over to get an idea of what kind of room i'm working with. Heres some pics:

536976046_compare.JPG

Old case vs new case, who wins?

536976048_Newlight.JPG

New case in the light, different view. Notice that T-line, got some air around the system moving things, got more tubing coming in with the new rad, complete replumb next week :)

536976047_newdark.JPG

Shot in the dark, nothing crazy...well yet

Last edited:
Wait...so your going from the case on the right, to the case on the left?

ziggo0 said:
Wait...so your going from the case on the right, to the case on the left?

yeah guess i should have clarified. I'm moving to the LARGER case so i can fit in a 2x120 Rad. Just wouldnt have worked well in the other one.

I like how you matched the cable sleeving with the water color also. It looks good. I did the same thing except in blue with all blue sleeving, blue lighting, and blue water.

I was thinking about getting the armor case but for me i think i would have had a few more problems with hiding wires in that case compared to the Aurora Im ordering in a few weeks.

The Armor is tough to wire. There is no motherboard tray like most cases so running wires behind it is out of the question.

-GearShift3r

GearShift3r said:
The Armor is tough to wire. There is no motherboard tray like most cases so running wires behind it is out of the question.

-GearShift3r

Theres a good bit of room luckily on the left side of the "drive column", thats where alot of power is being distributed, and hidden. If i had kept the top mount Firewire, usb, sound inputs, those wires would have been the showcase of what you see. The wiring harness was rather short and i had to make almost a direct run to get what i needed, luckily i rarely would ever have a use for them since i mainly use the usb port on my lcd.

One thing i quickly was dissapointed though with on the new case are the front doors. The only thing that keeps them from swinging frrely appears to be rather small magnets, but shuffling the case around installing things all i heard most of the night was those damn doors flapping.

Actually there is a ton of space for wire hiding, check out these pics, you might want to think about making some cuts in the back plate before your reassembly. You can route your power and IDE cables back there.

case3.jpg
sideoffback.jpg
caseopen.jpg

Hrmm didnt think about cutting the base plate. I did notice the slots on the left side of the drive column were sooo close to fitting a molex connector thru, was thinking of just dremmeling those a bit larger and run from there top to bottom. That only leaves a single IDE cable for DVD, hrmm wonder if that would fit in the slot too.

Did you remove the top firewire/usb plugs and put a fillport there? was thinking of doing the same thing.

fuzzba11 said:
Actually there is a ton of space for wire hiding, check out these pics, you might want to think about making some cuts in the back plate before your reassembly. You can route your power and IDE cables back there.

case3.jpg
sideoffback.jpg
caseopen.jpg

good idea :)

Did you ever thing about flipping the rad over that way the connection to the pump isnt as long? It would allow the pump to be closer to the front of the case. I allways run my rads upside down, it seems easier to fill and they standup on there own.

fuzzba11 said:

case3.jpg
sideoffback.jpg
caseopen.jpg

Hmmmmm, Darn you, now I dont know which case I wanna get now, the Gigabyte Aurora or the Thermaltake Armor. The armor would allow me to keep the water cooling setup all internal.

I was thinking about cutting into the motherboard tray but then I decided it might not be the best idea.

Here is my Armor:

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

-GearShift3r

GearShift3r said:
I was thinking about cutting into the motherboard tray but then I decided it might not be the best idea.

Here is my Armor:

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

-GearShift3r

Now that I have seen your setup that looks better then cutting in notches into the tray with those power leads, I have the same powersupply as you I think. PowerStream?

Edit: HEH, never mind guess it would have helped if i looked at the pics more closely, to see that you are running a PC Power and Cooling PSU.

Back