• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case that fits a thermochill pa120.3...!!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyisc00l

looking to find a case I could mount a WC system in, and hopefully I could get a thermochill pa120.3 in there?! Anyone know a case thats $100-$200 or a lil more that would fit pump, pa120.3, and all the tubing?!

pretty sure that radiator is the best for 120MM fans that are 50CFM or lower...

and can you change out the 3/8 fittings to 1/2, or do you have to use 3/8...if so do I have to find another radiator.

where would you put it?? I was lookin at those.

if someone would be so kind to take one of these pictures and draw it out I'd be in your debt...:)

I'd prawly get the black ice version anyways since it's 1/2 fittings, best 1/2 fitting radiator i presume?

armor seems good but can I fit a 3-120MM fan radiator?

armor

well, if you don't mind a little bit of cutting then a pa120.3 will fit in both cases i mention. They would have to be mounted at the bottom of the case. If you want to mount in the front then a BIX3 would work better as it's a bit shorter than the thermochill. but I think you would only have room for the power button and maybe an optical drive.

I did it in the top of my PC-70.

May I also mention to make absolutely sure the "bleed valve" on the radiator is closed tightly, otherwise you'll be getting wierd pressure problems like I had when I first ran it.

Unless you're into pain, you don't want to use one of the V series Lian-Li cases for an internal mount of a triple radiator. Here's a link to an old pic of mine when I had a BIX3 top mounted in a V2100. It about half covered the motherboard, I lost at least 2 PCI slots, and was generally a pain to work with. If you have a "short" PSU (like the Silverstone Zeus ST56ZF) you could try pulling the drive bays and bottom mounting the radiator, but I haven't measured to verify that it would fit.

Any of the Lian-Li PC-70 variants would work much better since they actually have room at the top of the case for a radiator that size. And, the new PC-G70 with the motherboard in the middle would work very well. The radiator would fit in the top or the bottom (whichever location you didn't use for the PSU).

Here is a PA120.3 mounted in a Stacker floor panel...
currentloop.jpg

floorfannage.jpg

And the same rad (different fans) fitted into the front bay structure...
mini-140.jpg

Ultimately I went with the floor mount and it works quite well.

There's videos on DangerDen website showing you how to install a rad into the stacker...

Also, the Silverstone TJ07 might fit it too, I know it'll fit the BIXIII and the PA is just a little bit uumm wider. They are now in stock at performance-pcs with a moded side window...

oops, might not be in your price range =(

Get the dimensions on the Thermochill rad, then look at the cases dimensions and see if it will work..... No point is asking when you can get hard evidence and figure it out :p This is what I do.

The stacker may have trouble. It's fits a PA120.2 in front leaving 3 bays (one bay for controller, less depth). The V2000 series work with rad mounted on floor (preferably) or horizonal divider), mounting in top will clash with mother board / pci cards. again [URL=The stacker may have trouble. It's fits a PA120.2 in front leaving 3 bays (one bay for controller, less depth). The V2000 series work with rad mounted on floor (preferably) or horizonal divider), mounting in top will clash with mother board / pci cards.

I also use the Lian-Li PC-70 with a 3x120mm Rad. The case has plenty of room to mount the Rad internally at the top. My only two complaints are no removable MB tray and it's 1/4" to narrow to mount a Micro-Res between the side cover and the 5 1/4" bays.

e61701ba.jpg
baf60441.jpg

Back