• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV78 tube routing ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

hey guys,
I got my 7900gtx and it runs great, but the ocz copper ramsinks and a 92mm medium panaflow fan are not enough to keep them as cool as id like so i picked up a nv-78 from danger den. I was hoping it would have the ability to add the barbs to either the top or bottom (could have the intake on top and the exit on the bottom which would make it easy for me to route tubing based on how my pump is mounted). But it turns out thats on the "sli ready" block and jab-tech doesn't carry that. Well enough talking, what Im looking for is some ideas on how to route tubing for this setup. Here is a picture on how everything is mounted (its old so there are some things I've cleared up like the line from the pump to vid card and i have a standard BIP2 now).
Throw some ideas at me. I would like to redo everything so i dont have to have a large number of bends, but this case is cramped.

Attachments

• wcingold.JPG
    wcingold.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 164
Where there is an impossible bend, use a big piece of tubing say like 18" and make a huge loop. May look a bit silly, but can only improve it.

rotate the pump so that the inlet is facing towards the case door (counter clockwise looking at the pump from overhead). You might be able to do a nice small loop from the outlet of the vid to the pump from there, with t-line intact, best bet in shortening that run up i think. Still not sure you got enough room todo even that.

Actually, I think if the exit was pointing down, you'd have an even harder time making the loop.

What I'd do (or at least try to do) is a) switch the inlet/outlet on the NV-78 from what you have on the Maze-4 so that the outlet is on the side toward the PCI slot covers. Then, b) have the loop go up and loop toward the PCI slot covers and then down, coming back into the pump's inlet. Guessing from the picture, I don't think it would take much more tubing than you're using with the Maze-4, and you wouldn't have that kink in the corner.

You didn't say what tubing you're using, but if it won't make that loop cleanly, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a section of my "magic" Tygon that has a 1 3/8" bend radius--it won't have any problem with that up-and-around loop.

Edit: Here's my thread on the "magic" tubing from last summer. Take a look at the picture in post #6--there's no kinks in that bend :D

Last edited:
well keep the ideas comming. I want to keep the tube lenghts as small as possible to help the flow since this block looks like it restricts it pretty good on its own.
Here is a picture of how my routing looks currently.

Attachments

• wchelp2.jpg
    wchelp2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 138
Im betting he filled the system as much as he could with tiliting the case around beforing tuning the pump on.

Daddyjaxx said:
I bet you have fun with that T line. How do you prime the pump with the line going into the outlet and not the inlet?

thats what i was thinking :X

Daddyjaxx said:
I bet you have fun with that T line. How do you prime the pump with the line going into the outlet and not the inlet?

Perium got it right, i just fill it most of the way and such, not a big deal at all, just takes a bit longer.

Back