• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

zig's WC Build Log - Pic Heavy =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

zig is finally jumping on WC'ing! Yay! lol...

WC'ing Part list

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee Extreme - Being Shipped
GPU Block: Danger Den Acetal MAZE4 w/ Zalman RAM Sinks - Being Shipped
Rad: Black Ice Pro II - Already Have
Fans: 2x Sanyo Denki 120mm 102CFM 39dB - Being Shipped
Res: Danger Den Dual 3.5" Bay Drive - Already Have
Tubing: Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC 7/16" Id, 5/8" Od, 3/32" Wall Thickness - Already Have
Pump: Swiftech MCP655 - Being Shipped

Rig Being WC'ed

CPU: AMD Opteron 144 @ 323x9 / 166 w/ 1.44vcore (Going for 3.0 on Water)
Mobo: DFI Ultra-D w/ 704-2BTA Bios
RAM: 2x1 G.Skill PC4000 3.4.4.8 w/ 2.66vdimm
GFX: eVGA 7800GTX @ 477/1.300 (Dud card ftw :()
Hdds: 2x200gb IDE -> SATA & SATA 7200rpm Drives

Teh Pics

Antec P160W w/ Air
DSC00037.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

Rad hole, used a 3/8" drill bit to make cutting points, then used a jig saw with an aluminum cutting blade to do the cuts
PICT0047.JPG

PICT0049.JPG

PICT0048.JPG

The rad
PICT0050.JPG

The rad & case
PICT0032.JPG

PICT0031.JPG

Last edited:
The res
PICT0034.JPG

Easy refill
PICT0030.JPG

Front res, looks tight, especially with blue uv when its done
PICT0044.JPG

Rad from beneath
PICT0035.JPG

Res from behind
PICT0036.JPG

Tubing
PICT0052.JPG

Rig thats goin in her when she is complete
PICT0041.JPG

PICT0039.JPG

More of her guts (I love my Andromeda <3)
PICT0051.JPG

More pics as I get parts :)

Very clean setup inside the case. Looking forward to a streamlined H2O presentation.

BTW: I've got an extra 165 sitting here when you get bored of that single core. :p

Haha, just a small bump and a good laugh. Before I sold my XP-120 it kept my Opty stable @ 2.9 and low temps, now that Im on a crappy stock heatsink, its very unstable. Load's above 50C and crash. Me being ignorant and to lazy to underclock, I got creative. 18C Idle & 35C Load on a stock cooler :drool: - Winter duct mod ftw, I put two 120mm fans to move the air through the 90 degree joint, 2 beer cartons and it exiting directly on top of the cpu.

stockductidle.jpg

stockductload.jpg

Don't mind the messy desktop, I gotta clean it off :santa:

Hey zig I was going to say something about you having an acrylic resiviour but its out of the way so you should be ok.

Those things have a tendency to leak over time but with it that far foreward the worst that would happen it it would drip on your HDDs and not your main components.

Most guys put em in their CDR bays and thus make it almost on top of their mobo which is a bad idea. Your's seems ok so you should be fine, but keep an eye on it.

Zig also before I forget, you got to mount your rez upside-down. I know its crazy but you will *not* be able to fill your box unless you do (from experience)

You want the rez at the highest point so you can fill it but since yours is at a mid point when in operation the rez will be under pressure so you will not be able to openly fill it as you see fit (which is ok) however for the inital bleeding and filling you *must* get the fill point at the highest point or you will not get the air out of your system.

In order to do that you will need to turn you PC upside down thus making th blocks and rad below your rez.

The easiest way to do that would be to turn your rez upside to make the filling easier to do since your whole box will be upside down reguardlessly. if you do not do this you'll be forced to twist your rez upward so you can fill it. If I were you id go ahead and turn it upside-down in the bay now before you start cutting tubing.

Sentential said:
Zig also before I forget, you got to mount your rez upside-down. I know its crazy but you will *not* be able to fill your box unless you do (from experience)

You want the rez at the highest point so you can fill it but since yours is at a mid point when in operation the rez will be under pressure so you will not be able to openly fill it as you see fit (which is ok) however for the inital bleeding and filling you *must* get the fill point at the highest point or you will not get the air out of your system.

In order to do that you will need to turn you PC upside down thus making th blocks and rad below your rez.

The easiest way to do that would be to turn your rez upside to make the filling easier to do since your whole box will be upside down reguardlessly. if you do not do this you'll be forced to twist your rez upward so you can fill it. If I were you id go ahead and turn it upside-down in the bay now before you start cutting tubing.

Not completely true Sen. My radiator is above my Res\Fillport and I filled without issues. Just turn on the pump and let it bleed. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 100_1451.jpg
    100_1451.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 728
True but yours is far higher up than his. With what you have you could get away with it since its being used in a T-line setup, his is not

WELLLL! Since I'm an anxious mofo I didn't take build log photos, but she is teh complete11! The camera I had to take the pictures with was only 2 megapixel but it worked quite well. I hope you all enjoy =)
The money shot:
Case%20Left.jpg

Lights off:
Case%20Night.jpg

Right Side:
Case%20Right.jpg

Front:
Case%20Front.jpg

Rear:
Rear.jpg

Sanyo Denki 120x38mm 103cfm's on a BIP II:
BIP%20II%20Exhuast%20Fans.jpg

Sunbeam Fan Controller - That is CPU temp being displayed and yes, it is accurate =)
Fan%20Controller.jpg

Dual Floppy Bay Res:
Front%20Res%20Angle.jpg

Front angle of the res:
Front%20Res.jpg

Side Panel:
Side%20Panel.jpg

Side%20Panel%20Random%202.jpg

My trusty 'Rosewill' 550W PSU (Rebranded Forton :D):
PSU.jpg

BIP II:
BIP%20II.jpg

BIP%20II%20&%20Tubing.jpg

Apogee sittin on my IHS'less Opty 144:
Apogee%20CPU%20Block.jpg

MAZE4 on my 7800GTX:
MAZE4%20GPU%20Block.jpg

MAZE4%20and%20Pump.jpg

MCP655 @ Speed 3:
Pump.jpg

Keep tubing off the fan!:
Tied%20Tubing.jpg

Last edited:
Back of the res:
Res.jpg

More tubing..:
Tubing%201.jpg

Cathode Tube Transformer moutned in a HDD Bay:
Cathode%20Tube%20Switch%201.jpg

Cathode%20Tube%20Switch%202.jpg

And how I keep that 120mm fan over my videocard:
GPU%20Fan%20Mount.jpg

ANNNDDD that is all for my first WC build ever! I can honestly say It came out quite friggin well! I love it and the temps too! 26C Idle and 34C Load on the CPU @ 323x9 / 166 - 1.44vcore & 21C Idle and 33C Load on the GPU @ 504/1.350.

Back