• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Questions abt my new W/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gix330

Registered
:welcome: Hi guys,

I had read many posts before I purchased all the W/C parts, but now, I am still a bit nervous. So just make sure everything will go properly as I expected. And I hope you could read all this nooby and long post and help me out. hehe...

here is my system:

AMD 64 X2 4400+
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
512MB Corsair XMS X2
XGX GeForce 7900GT X2
WD Raptor 36.7G
WD 160GB SATA X4 (Raid 0+1)
ASPIRE X-Alien ATXA1A-BK CASE

So I decided to cool my CPU, Chip with both GPUs. (was thinking about my Raptor, but I guess it will put too much pressure on my W/C, so just wipe it out from the list, and I will keep all HDD air cooled).

And here are some parts I purchased:

Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power Dual 120mm Radiator ( purchased a pair of 1/2" Bar for it)
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Hi-Flo Liquid Cooling Reservoir
Swiftech MCW60-B Universal Water-block X2 (I donnu if this will fit my 7900GT, but I called and Swiftec said it would)
Swiftech STORM Extreme Performance Universal Waterblock
Swiftech Universal Chipset Water-block
primoFlex 1/2" Tubing
PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid 32oz (is this good and enough?)
Via Aqua 1300 Pump (I saw it has 79GPH min to 370GHP max, and ppl told me it is a nice pump, so I just wonder if I were right about it?)

And Also, I purchased a Swiftech MCB-12 Revision 2 Radbox Housing, so that I will attach my Rad to the back of my case on the outside. And I planned to do the routing like:
Pump > Rad > CPU > GPU 1 > GPU 2 > Chip > Res > Pump
or Should I make it :
Pump > Rad > Res > CPU > GPU 1 > GPU 2 > Chip > Pump

PLus, I had too quite fans for the Rad, I wonder if i just use the Radbox housing, or I need another Shroud to mount the fans for better airflow?

And also, I noticed that I have to put the pump on the ground level, but what about the Res? dose it matter and if there is some other things for a noob like me should be careful before I install them?

I really appreciate if you could give me any suggestions.

Everything looks good, PrimoChill ICE is great-it really is nonconductive. I had an accidental leak after a LAN party last week, and even with droplets of the stuff on my graphics card, everything still worked fine.

You'll probably want about 10-15 feet of tubing, also, the pump->rad->cpu setup looks best.

Thx for your comment! I just wonder if 32oz is enough for my W/C.
and oops....I just ordered 10 Ft tubing, donnu if it is enough.

Back