• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damn bubbles !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yokomo_

gah cant get the bubbles out for the life of me !
every time i tihnk i got them they come back !
as far as i can tell thers no leaks but the system just throffs up (bad speeling i know) and large air bubbles form in bewteent he rad and pump that i just cant get out.
ayone else got the same problem as i tihnk it may be my swiftech res thats bubbling it up.

the probably the radiator. they have a tendancy to hold large amounts of air, and not letting it out till you arent paying attention.

or your pump could be leaking, blowing air into the loop towards the rad.

cant see any leaks anywhere everything seems A OK.
the pump pushes the bubbles round but aaas they get to the res it just becomes a bubble bath, will trya nd post some pics.
how muhc would this aeffect performance as i really want ot get it in my case !

P4015660.jpg

Last edited:
I use a res and although most of the air is out in like a minute, there are still tiny bubbles that take a couple of days to work their way out. That is normal as the tiny bubbles tend to stick to the tubing for a while until they work their way out.

i had the same problem to be honest with you. I simply kept moving my case in different positions and more and more bubbles came out. Eventually I got them all out in about 2 days. At the end of day 3 I was satisfied enough to put everything together and turn it on. No problems since then

You have too much water in your loop. The Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoier instructions say only fill up to the swiftech name on side of res. I did this and gave everything a shake/tap and majority of bubble were gone in 10 minutes.

well its all in and running , temps are in the 41-42c idle and about 46 load.
may go down with abtter seating of the block but those bubble just wont leave !
looks like a re fill may be needed :(
just had look at the vids on the swiftech site , no bubbles but more ovbvuous their res has no crazy whirling going on like mine does !

Last edited:
the trick ive found is to fill the loop VERY carefully!!

if done right there is 0 - none - nada air in the loop the very first time you turn the pump on.

(and i know what those D5 pumps do to a air bubble...blender froth :()

the fact that you can have your loop filled while outside the case is VERY helpful in this...

start with a small amount of water...drain it into the rad...repete...repate....etc
once you start to get close full figure out a way to be able to turn the rad upside down (and NOT empty!!)

then shake the living*&%8 out of it...turn it...shake..tip...shake...try to picture where any possible air bubbles would be (highest point within the "chamber" they are in) and try to get them ALLLLLL out.

the pump itself can be a REAL PITA to completely fill!
the impeller holds A LOT of air and doesn't give them up very easily. again, shaking and tipping (pumps are a lot more solid than RADS...feel free to smack it around ;))

again, take your time and do it right the first time and you shouldnt have any problems.

GOOD LUCK!!!​

PS it might take up to two days (running 48 hours) for a loop with one of these pumps to bleed out the "froth"

EDIT:

can you link me to a product page of that res your using...or a closer shot...

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my set up Pic The pump is off in this pic but you can see the correct level.
This is very similar to yours. I filled the res up and let gravity fill the pump then moved up to rad then moved to blocks. Once the res wouldn't push anymore I then turned on the pump and kept filling the res (do straight away), kept watching the res levels and finished filling it to swiftech markings on res (a little over). Then gave everything a shake for the next 5 mins or so, most of the bubble were gone at this stage, fluid looks more translucent. Then keep tapping the pump, blocks, rad to get all the air pockets, esp the rad. Have a go at this and you should be fine. Keep the res higher then all other components.

i filled the system like swiftech said , by filling the res then pump on for a second then fill the res etc etc. its not as bad as it was now , the res used to be filled ith foam.
problem is even though i managed to tilt the system about before it was in the case and get the air out soon as i sswitched it on they came back as the res has mege swirling going on :(

yep...

the way swifty told you to fill the loop pumps thousands and thousands of itty-bitty bubbles (froth) throughout the entire loop :(

are there 3x barbs coming out of the res?

i cant tell from the pic, but there should be 1 barb above the "divider" and 1 (or 2) under it... you want your "in" above the divider and your "out" below. that way the bubbles will tend (more) to stay "up" and out of you loop.

edit:
hummm, looking @ CrustyDemon's pic it looks like they designed that res with both barbs below the divider....which just lets the intake suck the bubbles right back into the loop... :-/

Last edited:
yep both below , you get this big swirl forming almost instantly. tbh im thinking it may be excess washing up liquid used a s lube to get the tubing on as there was lot of faom at the start so maybe a simple coolant flush will fix it.

you could try holding the res (or setting it up) so that the barbs are pointing down... that *might* help the air get to the top of the res faster

here comes the part i don't quite get: after you run the leakin test for couple of days, you just keep the liquid inside the system and install the blocks onto the processor or you have to take the tubing apart?????

If you atke the tubing apart, you have to start all over. :) I never leak test outside of the case. I hook everything up just as it will be in the case. Water doesn't hurt the parts. Water + electricty does.

After you hook everything back up, let the loop run awhile and check for leaks that may have happened during the move.

yokomo_ said:
and as if by magic !
Image044.jpg

their gone , guess they just needed alot time to bleed out. temps are downa couple of degrees to idles now at about 38c

good to hear :)

Back