• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for Abit IC7 (any variation) users, how are my temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

Hello everyone. I am totally thrilled that I built my first watercooling setup. It has a CPU and GPU block and kind of an awkward tubing route. I am going to start a new thread with pictures as soon as I can find someone with a memory card reader. Anyway, temps seem to idle about 39-40C. I haven't done a prolonged load test, but a load for about 15 minutes got the temps to about 43C. I haven't checked my block yet to see how the contact is, but I plan on doing it later today. Are these temps good? I know abit can read up to 10C high, is that still the case with water cooling?

Thanks guys! couldn't have done this without your help!

3C diff between idle and load seems to indicate that everything is operating as it should. You'll notice as you start clocking it that the temps wont climb very quickly.

veryhumid, the abit intel boards read higher than other boards; that is not to say that they read too high, just that they read higher. No one knows which is right or wrong, I feel abit is more realistic than say asus in this regard. The IC7's read the diode of the cpu, not the socket thermistor. Your temps seem very good actually. When I had my IC7, Cascade SS and dual HC's my load IIRC was around 43 - 47C depending on ambient.

awesome, looks like we are all doing fine, then. I just tested, and my load after about an hour of folding is 43C :clap:

Back