• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16 water cooling kits reviewed at X-Bit Labs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paapaa

Registered
16 water cooling kits were reviewed at X-Bit Labs:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/16watercooling.html

I wonder why they didn't include Swiftech's kits?? I was also a bit disappointed in the performance of Reserator 1/1+ - despite the silence. It looks like Reserator can't handle a high end gaming system properly - also the blocks seem to be rather bad. Reserator 1+ couldn't handle 200 watts of power (that was on a testbed, not on a real system - there can be differences). But yes, it is silent.

why should oyou be suprised at reserator lack of performance?

seriously reserator just is not well designed for the job

as for not including swify thats not really fair of them but it is kinda common sense not to advertise our competitions products high scores

thorilan said:
why should oyou be suprised at reserator lack of performance?
seriously reserator just is not well designed for the job

Actually I was'n surprised, just disappointed :) I was disappointed because I thought about buying it next summer when I build a totally new computer. It seems the Reserator just can't handle overclocked gaming rig well enough. A custom built WC setup seems to be the way to go. Eventhough I want a silent computer.

thorilan said:
as for not including swify thats not really fair of them but it is kinda common sense not to advertise our competitions products high scores

I didn't quite understand what you are saying. What do you mean by "our competitors' products"? I think X-Bit Labs even sells Swiftech products so that can't be a reason.

Lol the promodz that won is kinda obvious, it has a thick 240MM Rad. But 270$$!?! I think ill pass and get a BIXII and a Storm, if x bit labs would have been cool enough to include swiftech stuff, swiftech would have won

-aDaM^ said:
there decent...... DIY ftw.

[rant]
first of all its THEY'RE not there, or their (or any other version of that word) second of all seriously how lazy can you get? you said 2 sentences (not even proper sentences) with 6 letters. ;)
anything remotely related to 1337 speak should really be halted.
lack of grammatics really drives me around the bend sometimes
[/rant]

but anyways... anyone surprised by thermaltake's results :D
thanks for the link it's an interesting read

Last edited:
The sad part is that if you go into a store like compusa, the only watercooling they have is the thermaltake junk. At least microcenter has enough sense to carry DD stuff.

I have a Reserator 1+ it is currently cooling my 3200+ Barton and a 6800GT.
3200+ : 40C Load
6800GT: 50C Load
It is silent, I leave it running all the time, I sleep with it on a couple feet from my head.
I've had it for about 6 months.

Stratus_ss said:
[rant]
first of all its anything remotely related to 1337 speak should really be haulted.
lack of grammatics really drives me around the bend sometimes[/rant]

if a lack of grammatics really drives you around the bend, then you should know that it is HALTED, not haulted. ;)

busted i knew this was going to happen. I get careless when I rant sometimes
and edited :D

Last edited:
Epox4life said:
I have a Reserator 1+ it is currently cooling my 3200+ Barton and a 6800GT.
3200+ : 40C Load
6800GT: 50C Load
It is silent, I leave it running all the time, I sleep with it on a couple feet from my head.
I've had it for about 6 months.

That pretty much sums it up. Saying the Resorator and passive solutions like it aren't suited for overclocking is stating the obvious. But I'm not sure folks who haven't experienced the Resorator can really understand how quiet it is. It's a good solution for cooling a media center PC, for instance.

The resorator is a fine setup if you're looking for quiet cooling. With the stock pump in a Resorator One Plus, I was able to cool an Athlon 42 3500, 7800 GTs in SLI and the northbridge. You won't cool as close to ambient as an active system, but then again - The loudest noise I heard was the hum of my power supply. I now have a separate loop for my X2 4200, but the Resorator cools my 7800 GTs and the northbridge (with an Eheim 1000 pump mod).

Also, the quality of the Resorator unit itself if is excellent. The VGA blocks are fairly decent, and even the CPU block performs quite well. And with a pump replacement and a couple of other mods, you can achieve decent temps when overclocking.

Stratus_ss said:
[rant]
first of all its THEY'RE not there, or their (or any other version of that word) second of all seriously how lazy can you get? you said 2 sentences (not even proper sentences) with 6 letters. ;)
anything remotely related to 1337 speak should really be halted.
lack of grammatics really drives me around the bend sometimes
[/rant]

OMFGRAMMARHAXORZWTFBBQ

:welcome: to the internet

Where is swiftech water cooling kit? This review should have been called the 16 watercooling kit solution that average user never heard of.

pwned (whatever that means ;) ) by someone who's name is twelve... an indication of the level of maturity perhaps :D

i had better stop checking this thread it's going to turn into a war of proper sentences versus garble.

Last edited:
LOL .... ROFL.... i cant believe that more than 1x company figured out a way to make water cooling WORSE than air !!!

thats hilarious.

----------

Stratus_ss (and citronym), you're not the only one(s) who finds -aDaM^ 's posts lacking in content...check out THIS thread...for great (informative) posts like:

Worth a try!
I wouldn't do it, not enough cooling capacity for a OC'd CPU under load.
ya...... Seems pointless. Just go buy a vapochill or mach :p

pwned :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back