• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Share my First WC rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psoutlaw

Registered
Fig I would share my first water cooling rig with all of u, Looks simple but there was alot more work to it than I thought. Already got a 6c cooler temps on cpu/chipset.

Last edited:
There appears to be a kink from the chipset to the res. Other then that great build. While you would have seen a better temp drop from cooling the gpu then chipset, its only 40$ away to cool the gpu now.

Very clean setup. What res is that? I see the kink from the res to the chipset also. i would also recommend watercooling the gpu as it only makes sense.

Yeah... agree water cool the GPU rather than chip or do both. I won't mention the kink.....

I'll also presume the tubing flattened a little from storm to chip by the length of the tubing on a tight bend.

Suggestions:
1. Storm to chip - Lengthen tubing (if it's is kinking)
2. Take chip to res hose and use for chip to GPU or maybe use for GPU to res.
3. Make sure chip to GPU tube has a good length so as not to kink/flatten.
4. Pump to rad looks a little tight as well but may be OK.

On my first build I did the same thing made sure the tubing was not too long so I kept a good flow but I made them too short and had problems with tube flattening on bends. Learnt by it re-did it and all good now.

Last edited:
I see what u are talking about the kink in the pic but it is not kink/flaten, I tried hard not to kink/flaten the tubes. The reason (other than temps) I chose to cool the chipset is that the heatsink for it hits the video card. That block is made for these big cards, not sure how well it will cool but its worth a try. The GPU will be next on my list but I just wanted to see how this works first. Im new to WC so i got a question. I got a Black Ice Xtreme Dual rad, how many things is to many to cool in the loop before it hurts the overall cooling of the rig? Thanks for the input.

Daddyjaxx said:
You would be much better off cooling the GPU instead of the chipset. Nice and neat :)

Thanks. This was his first build and didn't want to add the extra connection on the card yet. this is really the prebuild. lol
I am gonna try and talk him into adding the gpu next. He is about to build a dual core system though. It may be slightly delayed.

voigts- I had these res.' custom made for these 2 projects. Mine is still in scattered across the house condition though. changing design and hardware plans to much.

And there is no kink/flattening of the hoses anywhere in the loop.

Will adding a block in the loop for the vid be to much for the BIX2? or should we add a BIX1 for it?

Last edited:
Interesting install.
Would it be possible to raise the reservoir up into the top quadrant of the case?
That would clean up some of the tube runs I think...especially the return from the chipset block to the rez intake.

Nice set up. Good clean run. The main thing I noticed is the wiring. Wow man. Nice clean run of the wires. I need a class in that. That is some of the tightest wiring runs I've seen.

Back