• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help clear some things up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTricksta

Ok, I just bought myself a Kingwin AquaStar AS3000 Liquid Cooling Kit (go ahead, beat me up for buying a kit) and I have a few Q's over it

First, this will be my first liquid cooling project, ever. I bought this kit based on everyone saying this was the easiest kit to install, plus, I'm not an overclocker (Running Operton 148 and Radeon X800), so I don't need anything top-of-line. I'm just doing this to do it, and to stop the noise coming from my PC since it sounds like a jet.

1) I always hear distilled water when talking about liquid cooling. Do you need to mix distilled water with the coolant, or is distilled water a coolant itself?

2) I was looking at some coolants at FrozenCPU.com. Which do you recommend for me? Is the $37 coolant really worth it?

3) On average, how often do you need to change to coolant? When changing it, do you need to remove all tubing to make sure you get all of the coolant out when putting new coolant in?

4) How do I determine what size tubing I should use?

Thanks for your help!

Jordan

distilled is the actual coolant but in that system you will want 8% of antifreeze mixed in.

personally as most people will tell you the 37$ is just extra piece of mind but imo if you are carefull and have common sense its not needed

i change coolant on same metal loops once a year or longer. on mixed metals like that system IF you have a correctly mixed coolant you can easily go as long . keep in mind some people put to much antifreeze in thier mix and since that is 1/4 id system you should use slightly less . that system is low capacity for coolant as well so you wont need much.

that system comes complete or should so you should not worry about tubing but if it does not that system says its a 3/8 OD

Back