• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Water Cooling Setup: Done Cheap ($79!!), but Performance you ask?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natewildes

Alright, here are the specs for my next watercooling setup, on the cheap!

Via Aqua 1300- $12 (used)
Heatercore w/ shroud-$12 (used)
DTek Whitewater-$30 (new)
Tubing etc.- $15
GPU Block (maybe)- $45 (or ~$30 used)
DTek HDP Bay Reservoir- $10
Distilled Water/Anti-Freez- ~$5 (some lying around I think)
Total w/o GPU: $79
Total w/ GPU: $109-$124

Whadda you think? Pretty good from what I've read, the only two concerns are the following:
1) Is the pump a good starter, will it provide enough flow until I get the $$ to get a D5?
2) Is the single Heatercore w/ shroud and a 120mm fan enough to cool an Opty 165 and a 7600GT?
This will all be put in a Sonata II, so a Black Ice III is out of the question .

Thanks for the input!
Nate

I am going to be overclocking, so I want to make sure this will provide enough cooling, is it worth getting another radiator, like a used BIX for ~$30? (It's not worth turning down a $12 radiator!)

If you want a bix, check out the cooling works radiators, much cheaper and probably better
http://www.svc.com/coolrad-12t-us.html

I would recommend you stay away from the cheap via aqua pump, not the greatest, probably would work but I wouldnt stake my computer on it.

Other than that it looks good.

Jon

Back