• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Water-Cooled Computer (some problems, but overall i'm happy)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics and info about the computer I just built. It's been running for 3 days. Unfortunately, though, I just discovered a leak in the radiator inlet, about one drop worth :(. Tightening the barb seemed to make it worse. So I'll be unable to check this thread regularly, until I can rebuild it. Hopefully thursday. I am hoping the use of more teflon tape will take care of it.

With an ambient temp of 72-73F, It keep the cpu about 40C with two instances of folding, and the GPU at about 32C. Gaming for a couple hours of oblivion gets me around 38C on the GPU. This is with the MCP655 on "4" and two silenx fans around 50CFM or so.

For now, here are the pics. Once I get that barb taped up, and the system put back together I'll be back with questions ;)

BTW, ViperJohn got the card just past 7000 in 3D05. I personally got 6900 in 3D05 with the clocks listed in my sig, and a 10MHz fsb increase on the CPU.

Case by www.clearpc.ca

A couple things I wish I asked him to change, like lowering PSU mounts, or adding 120mm rear, and he messed up a couple of the rad mount holes. Otherwise, I love it :thup:

Oh yes, almost forgot. Rad Out > CPU > GPU > Res > Pump > Rad In

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

Wire management is gonna be a pain, but that's a good looking rig there bud!

If you replace those plastic barbs with brass it should fix the problem.

And BTW, paint those optical drives or something. They look so ugly compared to everything else. ;)

I am about 48 hours leak free after I used the silicone RTV on that one barb that was leaking.

good suggestion on the optical drives, shouldn't be too hard, either. board is black, fans and rad are black, pump is black. i think i'll paint them black ;)

Back