• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Water cooling case need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtm87tx

Registered
ive got this Koolance case that we bought along time ago, about 2-3 years. and i just put some new liquid in it and bought a clamp for my Asus board. my question is the Probe II says my CPU ides at ~38c and that seems high. would i be better off:

1. using the stock heat sink

2. buying a aftermarker heat sink

3. getting a new CPU water cooling system and water cool my video car with the koolance?

any suggestions? what temps are yall ideling at? im running at a very small 2288mhz or 208x11 on my 4200+ at stock voltage, Probe II says 1.38-1.41v. how accurate is this program? are there better ones?

Perhaps I can help you beyond a one-liner with no extended suggestions...

The koolance hardware may be difficult to work with as far as expanding it goes. 38 isn't all too bad of an idle temp, whats the load temp? Which of your options you take depends on whether or not you want to stay in watercooling. Setting up a new loop including the GPU is the ultimate choice, but also the most expensive. Whats your budget?

That program likely gets the numbers from the BIOS, which is the same place any other prog will get them.

Hope I was helpful.

under load usually around 42c or 46c MAX. i realize the Koolance isnt the best in the world but i have it and its worked for several years. Can i put a CPU water cooling unit in this case? i hear the Koolance CPU blocks are decent enough. i will just buy a koolance adapter for my 7800GT

Well if your idle is 38 and your load is 42-46, that says a heck of a lot more than trying to put an idle of 38º into perspective. Having a narrow deltaT like that suggests that the watercooling is doing its job effectively. Koolance might not be what most of us would like to call 'mainstream' and 'efficient' but that does not mean that it can't perform a specific job well.

I really don't know how much adding a GPU block to the loop would effect temps.

Hope this has been helpful, cheers.

citronym said:
Well if your idle is 38 and your load is 42-46, that says a heck of a lot more than trying to put an idle of 38º into perspective. Having a narrow deltaT like that suggests that the watercooling is doing its job effectively. Koolance might not be what most of us would like to call 'mainstream' and 'efficient' but that does not mean that it can't perform a specific job well.

I really don't know how much adding a GPU block to the loop would effect temps.

Hope this has been helpful, cheers.

depending on the GPU they can raise the temps by quite a bit, remember the newer x1900 and 7900 run hot around 80C, now u have to add that temp to the loop. running a gpu in my loop raised my temps by 7c

so if my 7800GT is running in the 60c range thats ok on stock fan and heat sink? idles at 48c but loaded its in the high 50s and sometimes 60s

yeah todays card run hot.

my 7800gtx ran at a whopping 100C....till i watercooled his a$$ down to 48C

Back