• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this list look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hookem2oo7

shoppinglist.jpg

this summer, i'll be picking up everything on the list (not necessarily from here, voyeurmods.com, but from somewhere). How does it look? I know i need tubing and other things like fans, but I can pick that stuff up locally. What do you think?

It looks good. I'm not sure about the res, but I can't say anything against it either.

What are your goals for this system?

the res can change, i just picked a random one from the list...

the goals are for a moderate overclock on (hopefully) a conroe chip. If not, then it will be on an AM2 platform (i know i'll need a revised mounting bracket for the block if thats the case).

the air cooler that i have now is making me sick and tired of noise...I've got it controlled with speedfan, but when its at 100% speed its like a vacuum. I'm not necessarily concerned with having a super quiet system, but rather performance cooling without vacuum cleaner sound...

Looks good hookem only thing I would do is, lose the Res and get a T-Line. Other then that, mighty fine setup ;)

SORRY TO HIJACK, BUT..........

How does this list look? CPU only, until i can get the funds to cool my 7800GT.

WClist.jpg

Didnt feel like making an entirely new thread with basically the same name and contents.

I have that res in a dual floppy bay. It works good for me, just look at my overclock.

hookem2oo7, not bad, only thing i would change would be the radiator to a regular black ice pro II.

1twelve2; get the d5/tdx combo at dangerden for 108.

hookem2oo7 said:
the goals are for a moderate overclock on (hopefully) a conroe chip. If not, then it will be on an AM2 platform (i know i'll need a revised mounting bracket for the block if thats the case).

the air cooler that i have now is making me sick and tired of noise...I've got it controlled with speedfan, but when its at 100% speed its like a vacuum. I'm not necessarily concerned with having a super quiet system, but rather performance cooling without vacuum cleaner sound...
Sounds like you've got it figured out then.

A PA120.2 might give you slightly better performance than the BIP, but it's also painfully expensive -- probably not worth it if you're not trying for silence.

I've learned everything i know about watercooling from the threads and the search button on these forums :). there's lots of good info here

Back