• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the only reason that if would be faster is because everything is onboard. and if you have two 128 meg sticks then ur system has to access both dimm slots instead of just one. but the speed difference if hardly noticable.:) am i right guys?

I was wondering... How do you guys overclock ram?
Via bios using Soft Menu III? Where exactly, and if I wanted to change my Hard Drive to ATA 100 on the bios where would I look?
I've looked but didn't find it I'am using Kg7 RAId bios, I don't know if there is a bios update for it.
I was just curious I got an AIYAH-J TBIRD 266FSB @ 1.85V DDR VC is 2.67 Default was 2.65, multiplier is 12x, FSB is 135... is this a good setup? I ran my FSB @ 200 before with a 10x multiplier default 1.7 Voltage and comp didn't run, I had to reset the cmos, I sound like a newbie alright but I had to ask, I just been looking all over for my answers and I hope I found the right forum and people won't flame me for the questions above, thanks.

Firstly Welcome to The Forums Genoide. Secondly the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.
You overclock your RAM by raising the FSB, this in turn increases the speed of the system buses so your cards and HD's will be overclocked. It looks like you tried to set your bus much too high at 200MHz. Start at your RAM's rated speed and increase in small steps (5MHz to start then 1Mhz at at time). Then check the system for stability, then repeat the process until the computer becomes unstable or refuses to boot. Then back off the FSB until your system is stable.
If your CPU in unlocked you could try running it at a higher multiplier say 12.5x, and repeating the process, but you may have to increase the voltage to the CPU.
A good place to start is is the Beginners Guides here www.overclockers.com
Good luck
:)

What is the Difference Between Unbuffered and Buffered?
ECC is for error correcting right, but its bad for home users and good for servers that need the error correcting?
Non Parity must be Non error correcting?

DDR PC2100 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 2.5V • 32Meg x 64 Planning to get this at the momment.

By the way how could I test how many FSB's my ram can take 'default' I got Atlas Precision CL 2 256mb pc2100, right now it's @ 135

Since your RAM seems to be happy running at 135MHz. You could try upping the bus a little more PC2100 is guaranteed to run at 133MHz (266 due to Double Data Rate). If you experience problems back off the bus 1MHz at a time. As to buffered and unbuffered you have me at a loss.

How could I post a picture like you guys do? I know u click on post reply img.. and it has a site for u to locate the pic but how to i put it on a site so u can see the pic?

Genoide said:
How could I post a picture like you guys do? I know u click on post reply img.. and it has a site for u to locate the pic but how to i put it on a site so u can see the pic?

Hit reply or New Thread then below OPTIONS is ATTACH FILE, locate the file you want on your HD (Browse) and away you go. Try to use a jpg as this will be shown in your post, bmp's have to be downloaded.:)

The first one was a benchmark of a 1.4 TBIRD on a KG7 RAID 256mb ATLAS PRECISION 2.65V on the ram, CL2.5
The cpu is O'c from 1.4 to 1.610 @ 140 FBS and 11.5 Multiplier

The second image is a 1620mhz OC @ 135 FSB @ 12x

The Third is a 1608 @ 134 FSB and 12x

Note* they were all successfully O"c from a AIYAH-J TB unlocked CPU using SOFT MENU III they were rock stable, I tried 145 FSB @ 11/11.5 and they weren't successful.

Last edited:
Back