• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tvdang7

just got a Swiftech MCP655 for 45 brand new pretty good deal. and was wondering

what does this mean

The pump should never be run dry! The pump is also not self-priming so needs to be flooded (internally) at all times.

You need to have water in the pump before turning it on. Basically make sure that water is in the pump so that it has lubrication, because if you do not, then the pump internals will rub on each other and cause permanent damage.

Bryan d

just make sure there is water feeding the intake ... even if not completely full, that will provide enough lubrication to the pump and it will almost immediately fill once you turn it on.

ok some one help me here.

i am thinking about geting this big radiator and it would fit nicely on my top drive bay. and my pump is obviously at the bottom.
man people say to have the water flowing from pump to radiator to cool the water first since the pump generates heat.

my question is would my pump (Swiftech MCP655)be strong enough to pump from the bottom of my case to the top of my case back down? im sure it can but will it decrease performance ALOT is what im asking.

a) you don't have to plumb it from your pump to your radiator to your components. the water's temperature in different parts of the loop is almost exactly the same (the water is flowing much to quickly to heat up from the cpu, let alone the pump.)

b) gravity has a very tiny affect on a loop

so in other words i can do what ever i want and its will all be the same?

tvdang7 said:
so in other words i can do what ever i want and its will all be the same?

well, it'll be very close (you wouldn't notice a difference.) you're better off routing your loop so you minimize tubing than routing it so you have a specific component order.

ok sounds good thank you so whats ur opinon on my T-line?

T-lin connectes to inward pumping or outward pumping

i put it on the intake because i'm lazy and let the pump do the work (pour in as much water as you can, make sure pump is primed, turn pump on until it has no more liquid in the intake, turn the pump off, fill t-line, repeat until it can cycle all the way through.)

Back