• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apogee installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

can anyone find me a guide or can anyone tell me how to mount my apogee block to my scoket a board

how do the bolts go and which parts do i use...im hitting 50c without going into windows yet..

well i have it mounted the same way, except the bolts are facing down, and the end caps are on the other side..should be the same? seems like there's barely any mounting pressure...

temps are high, and stay high, never dip down

I don't have an AMD system, but I do use and Apogee and I can tell you if you don't feel any mounting pressure than you need to tighten the block down some more. It feels like I could snap my mobo with the amount of pressure I could exert on it.

..how do u tighten it..
like the black things only go on so far...

*confused and feeling stupid*

crimedog said:
why don't you try using more washers or using wingnuts instead of the endcaps?

Yeah, if the acorn nuts don't go down far enough use some type of spacer or use a wingnut that way you can tighten it down as much as necessary.

well how does anyone else tighten their's down, when the only thing they give you are those "acorn nuts" which are only good in one position, cant tighten or loosen them

The apogee I have on my A64 uses a long screw that threads through the block, through the motherboard and in the the backing plate. On top of the block, held in place by the screw are two large springs that provide spacing and tension.

tightened the springs to all BUT compressed, temps are down to 35, and there's a lot of air bubbles in the loop, i bet temps will go down more

there's about 2" of air left in, because my t line is like..full, it has 2" more to go down

Yeah, you don't want to torque the springs all the way, leave a little spring in them. A T line will take a little while to bleed, but once you get the air out your temps should go down. What are you using for liquid?

techun said:
tightened the springs to all BUT compressed, temps are down to 35, and there's a lot of air bubbles in the loop, i bet temps will go down more

there's about 2" of air left in, because my t line is like..full, it has 2" more to go down

Ahhhh, Good to hear you got it figured out ;)

looks like bios temps of 34 for 1.6 vcore and 37 for 1.9

Glad you got the block tightened down enough. Enjoy your system. What are your load temps?

i need to get windows installed to find that out

i think my temps are too high, because i remember getting about these temps..under load with aircooling..what am i doing wrong

small amount of as5 covering my core, apogee tightened down the whole way..

temps in windows are

44c LOAD with a vcore of 2 volts --- 50c with fan at 7 volts and case fans under 7
with a mobo of 22c ---27 mobo

35c idle
it's about 70f in the room now

Last edited:
striker85 said:
Why are you running such a high voltage through your cpu? Try turning down the voltage. What is it at stock?

Its a SocketA Mobile thats normal. Stock is probably like 1.8 or something :-/

Back