• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nachosyumm

I am hoping to convert to a passive setup. I was also thinking of incorporating some low noice fans for when i want to play games and the such while still being able to overclock conservatively. The room has adeqauate ventilation in terms of windows that are usually open and can get a nice breeze going through if i have the windows open both in this room and my room.

For my radiator i was considering either running a single or dual 2-192 heatercores. These are the four fan heater cores that weapon uses.

For fans i was thinking of using some of the late yoons.

Does anyone have any ideas about this. Are there any better fans i could use that still have the low noice. Also, is there another type of radiator i can use that would be better.

My current setup is a maze 4 gpu, iwaki md-15r, and a 77 bonevile heatercore (2 x 120). I have a swiftech storm sitting in my room and a homemade pelt waterblock for the drink cooler that i will incorporate. The drink cooler will not be an always on, it will use a switch. Im thinking of using some sort of pressure switch for that, but that isnt really related to this. The pelt is 120W.

Thanks for any help people can provide. The project (if i can get a good resonse here on what to do) will most likely start next week as in it is my spring break.

Well if you want quiet then I wouldn't use a HC they prefer high power fans for high power cooling.

For silence I would look no further than a thermochill PA series rad if you can find it or else a black Ice Pro as they are designed to perform with low noise fans. also with a triple bip or PA you could probably spend most of the time running it passive.

just wanted to add the BIP is like 50 bux cheaper.. Im about to get one and never thought about running it passive. Im gonna try it out thx speed bump :)

Back