• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Watercooling a Crossfire Video setup recommended?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

Over the years I have finally put together my Ultimate W/C rig, at least as ultimate as I am going to make it. The SIG tells about it. Now, yet again...sigh, I wish to change a few components. I just received my new MB, a P5AWD2-E Premium, which I have deduced from these forums to be a good MB for OC'ing. Don't plan on serious OC'ing, just mild to medium, and plan on changing to a Storm block. Being that is is crossfire ready I now have the opportunity to go dual X1900's. Very expensive indeed...good lord!!!

So, here is my question to you veterans:

Is it recommended to W/C a dual 1900 setup or is it better to stay with the stock fan cooling of the cards?

After reading many discussions about these cards, I have summarized that these cards get Damn Hot!! Not only the GPU, but alot of other chips also. Has anyone successfully watercooled a dual setup? And if so, did you use any kind of pre-made dual waterblock? What exactly did you use?

I wish to stay with watercooling my video but don't want to hurt such expensive items if water is really not the way to go with this kind of setup. Any advice or experience in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

it should be able to handle the heat since you have dual loops, but i would switch the pa120 to cooling the cards and the bix2 to the cpu. for the blocks just get 2 maze4 lps.

Back