• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIXII or BIPII Rad with AOC fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
I will probably start ordering my parts for the watercooling setup I have planned but Im still lost on what rad I should get. The fans im planning to use are the Evercool/AOC aluminum fans from frozen CPU (reason im using these is I already have 2 of them and seem to put out a lot of air and are quiet). My question is Which Radiator out of the Black ICE Extreme II and the Black ICE Pro II would be better to use with these fans? and If I went witht he Extreme would my fans be powerful enough to pull air through the rad or would have have to get two more fans and put a push pull setup? As for what I will be cooling with it, I will be cooling my Proc and GPU and proably towards teh end of the year 2 GPus. My last concern is, I will be ordering a new case for this setup, The case I have picked out is the ThermalTake Armor and I have noticed that several people on this forum have watercooling setups in these cases. My question is how do they have the radiators mounted in the front of the case?

If your fans move over 80cfm each then go with the BIXII if they do not then use the BIPII. Remember to have your fans pull air through the rad. Also push-pull doesn't provide a major gain in temps so it is not worth it IMHO. Oh and no idea on the case question but I would assume it involves a bit of cutting and modding.

synthetic_fenix said:
I will be cooling my Proc and GPU and proably towards teh end of the year 2 GPus
From that info I'd really say that the extreme would be better for you, in terms of BTU per hour it actually cools over twice as well as the pro (see info later in post). As for the fans, if I'm looking at the correct ones (please do correct me if I'm wrong) they are 25mm thick and push 79cfm (@36dba)... IMO you really should go with thicker fans, they have higher pressure and would be better for radiators. It just seems that with that choice of fan you are border line, and seeing as I don't have much experience with this, I'm not the best one to say if it'll still work well for you.

As for myself, I plan on going with the extreme and using my deltas undervolted on a fan bus, that way I can get it the right volume and still have good temps.

Info from Sidewindercomputers.com
PRO: rated for 720KCal per hour (2856 BTU per hour) or 837Wh
EXTREME: rated for 1580KCal per hour (6270 BTU per hour)

@tvdang7 - What other specs are on that fan? Also it seems border line, so once again I'll just step back and let others with experience give advice ;)

go push pull with a bix2 or just pull with a bim2 if you are using the ever cool aluminums.

in your case for upgradeability i would go with the extreme in case you change your mind

UNLESS silence is your main goal.

a Bim2 is more than capable that cooling a cpu and 2 gpus and a chipset if you are looking for silence over max OC, although you are still likely to get a high OC nearly max of what your chip can handle

i purchased 2 of those AOC fans from Dangerden with my BIPII, and i found that they are too big, by about 1/8'' to fit together on the rad. BUT they cool very well with my setup. 22*C idle / 34*C load .... yumyum

thorilan said:
i would stay away from those aspire fans

How come? I've ran 5 ~ 7 of these in the past 2 years in my rig and they have done nothing but perform wonderfully and they don't sound like crap when undervolted.

Ok I Think I may go with a Push Pull setup with the BIX II with those AOC fans. I do like the idea of using Delta fans as they produce a good amount of pressure to pull air thru, But I like how the AOC fans look and im tired of plain black fans lol.

Lol, change is always good (well not always, but usually ;)). I have no experience with the AOC fans, so i'd be interested to know how they perform with the BIX II. Best of luck.

Burdman27911 said:
Lol, change is always good (well not always, but usually ;)). I have no experience with the AOC fans, so i'd be interested to know how they perform with the BIX II. Best of luck.

Well Hopefully I will be finding out later next month, Im saving the money right now but I will be held back a bit as to that I need to pay off a speeding ticket in May.

if you want quality, get some Delta's. Ive had deltas running for 4 years......I think that speaks for itself :cool:

Back