• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maiden Voyage with Custom Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

Hi guys. Ive been reading these boards for a while now, and about a year ago, i was inspired to WC my computer. I went the easy way, and purchased a Thermaltake kit (the Aquarius III). It did the same as my air setup, just a lil quieter. Well this brings me to the meaning of the post. Today i embarked upon, and completed my Maiden Custom WC Voyage.

LIST OF PARTS

DangerDen TDX
DangerDen D5 pump
DangerDen dual floppy bay res
Black Ice Pro II Radiator
2 AOC 120mm Aluminum Fans
~7' iof clearflex 1/2'' ID tubing

FLOW

PUMP > TDX > RAD > RES

Here's my Antec midtower, all gutted except for the WC parts, and the mobo.
wc1.jpg

My noob attempt at cutting fanholes with a crooked hole-saw.
wc2.jpg

All the tubing fit perfectly... no kinks
wc3.jpg

A closeup of the TDX and my RAM lol
wc4.jpg

nice job, keep up the good work.

you shoulda used some masking top on the top of the case, woulda of eliminated those scratches :cry:

Great looking loop. Those scratches are nothing, if they bother you enough you can fix them.

Were you're hdd(s) mounted in the case in any of those pictures?

Daddyjaxx said:
Run out of screws for the second fan I see. :)

no, i had trouble mounting the fans to the rad. they were like a 1/8'' too big, and i couldnt use any screws to mount it... so i used super double-sided foam mounting tape on the second fan.

Very nice, you did the same thing I did with mounting the RAD, except I have my fans mounted externally.

Slight problem... not really a PROBLEM, just an inconvenience. The Res i have is a dual floppy bay res. to fill it, i have to take off the front of the case, and remove the DVD drive to get to the fill-hole. Any suggestions on what i could do with this? i dont really have room for a fill-port...

legendosiris said:
wait so the latter half of your rad is suspended by dbl stick tape? Great looking so far btw.

Yea, the fan with the screws is mounted by those screws you see. The other fan is mounted to the rad by foam mounting tape. (STICKY STUFF!!!)

Back