• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about this setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paule_de

Registered
Hiho guys !
Im building up a new Case and i hope i can make the System in it WCed.
The Basic Setup of the System itself is as follows:
CPU: Opteron 165
Mainboard: DFI Lanparty nf4-ultra w/o SLI
Graficscard: X1900xt, the choice is finally made in summer when the case is ready and AM2 joins the market, hoping for falling prices ;)

The Problem is i've got only 20 cm of spare room for a radiator. So the 240 are out of choice :cry: . I decided to go for the IceRex 8-9 Radiator.
It would fit in quite nicely and can handle 2x92. The Problem is the only test i found on this rad is quite pathetic, givin temps about 60°c for a 3200+. The funny thing about this is that even well known 240/360 rads get bad temps at this site, so i can't really built up on that.
The first prob is for sure: does anyone outside Germany know the rad ? And can he give me an appropiate temp. I won't go for water if this rad is really so bad and a 160 Radiator must have even worse temps.
As for the CPU i'm going for the NexXxos XP Bold. It's really good esspecially considering the cost ;) Im also going to wc the NB and the GPU+RAM, so i don't think that an solo 120 rad is enough for it. And Im not going to mount a Dual Tornado or stuff like that on the rad ;) it should keep it cool and quite, besides looking good :D
Before i forget, the pump is an Eheim 1048, it's laying around for ages now in my room, never used it :/
So i hope anyone can supply me with some reallife experience on this rad or propose me a different one that will fit in there (for those not used to cm: ~7,9 inch length) with 1/4" hosings.

Awaiting some helpful posts ;)
cya daPaule

Back