• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally done.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenny_k

Finally done, with some pics

First would like to thank all who answered my questions. Setup includes: MCR220 rad, radbox, (radiator mounted on top of case, outside), Apogee, MCP350 pump, Tygon 3/8id x 5/8od tubing, 2 Papst 4412FGL fans. Tried to include pics butit said they were too big :cry:

Last edited:
you can resize your pic, or SAVE AS jpeg file. We'd really like to see the pic of your project.

Daddyjaxx said:
That IS a lot of tubing. :eek: Your temps would be much better with less. But, if you are happy...rock on. :cool:
I agree that there may be a slight excess of tubing but I doubt it would "be much better with less", more likely a few degrees at most (if I had to guess). That doesn't mean that this setup is optimal, and if you perhaps eliminated the long run to the rad and instead brought the tubing in near the top of the case you could tweak your flow and maybe know you have your loop running optimally.

Otherwise you system looks great, hide some wires. :cool:

Hehe, nice. Sent told me to over estimate for measuring out tubing, you went above and beyond that :D

Agree, I guess I could have trimmed a few inches off here and there but was afraid of making too much of a bend and kinking. Don't know about 6' though,,using 3' of tubing might be stretching it a bit. And I wanted to leave enough room to take stuff out, like the vid card, without having to remove the block. Tried to keep the wiring away from the flow of the front fan, unfortuately it ended up running along the side.

Daddyjaxx said:
That IS a lot of tubing. :eek: Your temps would be much better with less. But, if you are happy...rock on. :cool:

I doubt there would be any change at all, maby 0.1 - 0.5 in temp difference sometimes more volume is better.

I agree he could cut down on the tubing quite a bit if he wants to, but if it works, go for it. It looks like a solid setup, especially for a first into watercooling.

Thanks again to all. This is a great site. I'll definetely keep those tubing lengths in mind for the next time or when I get ambitious to take it apart again....have to get back to gaming. Temps seem ok. I have the fx57 at 3003Mhz, 33-34 idle, 43-44 load, room temp is around 23-24 (I don't like cold).

Back