• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDC-12V REV2 DB rating???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voigts

Has anyone seen any data on the DB rating of the new 18w rev2 of the DDC? I am looking to change over to a DDC for silence, but have been thus far totally unable to find any DB rating on the newest version of this pump anywhere online. The original 10w is rated at 24-26db and I am wanting to know concretely what the difference is.

I'll let you know in about a week.
I just recieved the pump and am building a combo plexi top/rez for it.
My MCP655 has a whine that drives me crazy.

clocker2 said:
I'll let you know in about a week.
I just recieved the pump and am building a combo plexi top/rez for it.
My MCP655 has a whine that drives me crazy.

I know what you mean. I went from a 50z to d5 due to so many recommendations I have read about it being so quiet. It is pretty quiet, but it emits a small amount of high pitched noise that is not what I want. I want a dead silent system. How would you test the sound level and compare it to a mcp350 10w?

No, nothing yet. Nor any reviews or impressions from people I know have extremely quiet systems.

Well, I gather from the responses so far that no one else has found out anything about the db level of the 18w either...

voigts said:
Well, I gather from the responses so far that no one else has found out anything about the db level of the 18w either...

I know the mcp350 < D5, in terms of noise level.

Yes, but the MCP350 is the 10W DDC. We're waiting for info on the new 18W DDC-plus.

I do not have a 10w version so a comparison isn't possible and any comparison with my 655 will be completely subjective.

its loud enough that some companys wont be selling it expressly because of that noise difference. I think thats enough of an indication that it wont be worthwhile for low noise people.

it still would be interesting to see what the actual performance vs noise thing works out.
How much (if at all) quieter then the D5 or the 50z is it?
curious to find out

Etacovda said:
its loud enough that some companys wont be selling it expressly because of that noise difference. I think thats enough of an indication that it wont be worthwhile for low noise people.

I hope that the 10w version continues to be sold as I wonder if the 18w version is intended to replace it or not. Where have you seen what you mentioned about some companies not selling the 18w version?

voigts said:
I hope that the 10w version continues to be sold as I wonder if the 18w version is intended to replace it or not.
Currently, Laing rules the silent watercooling pump market, but I wonder if they even know we exist and if there are enough of us that they'd care. Both silent computing and watercooling are growing, though, and hopefully if Laing drops the ball, someone else will pick it up.

voigts said:
I hope that the 10w version continues to be sold as I wonder if the 18w version is intended to replace it or not. Where have you seen what you mentioned about some companies not selling the 18w version?

nothing ive seen, more the people that ive talked to.

Well I finally decided to go ahead and order the 10w version since silence is what I am after. CrazyPC has the best price I could find at $70 + shipping. I even emailed Lee at systemcooling.com and he replied saying he didn't have any noise info either on the 18w version.

I don't think you'll regret it. Even if the 18W version turns out to be slightly better for your purposes, the 10W DDC will get the job done.

Back