• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High CFM fan that undervolts well...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haste266

I bought some NMB/ Panaflo FBA12G12M FBA12G12M-NMB 120x38mm Hydro Wave Bearing Fans for $5 a piece from SVC to put on my new thermochill 120x3 rad. Using a sunbeam rheobus fan controller and I can hear an annoying "clicking" or bearing noise when i start undervolting these fans. the noise/cfm level is acceptable EXCEPT for the darn clicking noise. seems as though all the fans(5) i got make this noise except one of them. whats up with that?

basically im looking for some high CFM fans that undervolt well without making added bearing noise when running at a slower speed because i still want the performance there when i want it.

suggestions plz.

i did do some searching but there is just way too much info to look through for this one topic.

rseven said:
The Delta 3 blades are very good for undervolting. I have the hi Sppeed 92mm and it undervolts quietly. I have nver used the Hi Speed 120mm version, but I believe it would work the same way, but it's not cheap.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12trblhisp.html
Good luck with it.

I use 5 of these fans in my case. They work fantastic and do undervolt well. I highly recommend them.

103CFM Sanyo Denki 120x38mm undervolt very nicely, no motor noise at 5 ~ 7v. Hard fan to find though.

60 dB? I think you would have to undervolt them to like 3 volts in order to get an acceptable noise level.

you can get vacuums that are quieter then this fan

Stratus_ss said:
60 dB? I think you would have to undervolt them to like 3 volts in order to get an acceptable noise level.

thats at 30v....

Stratus_ss said:

At 12 volts they should be fairly quiet. It is only 60 dBA at full voltage.

As for the 3-blade deltas, I second (third?) that. I have two of them, but do consider that they are something like $15 a fan, so not really the cheapest. They also can undervolt to 4V (some can only do 7V).

Also, EC is the man when it comes to Deltas! :D

I second the sanyo denki, I got a total of 9 in my case at 7v and I'm able to sleep a few feets(4-5) away from them...

I had a 92mm highspeed tri-blade on my SP-97 and now I use 120mm Sanyo Denki's...I ran/run both at 7v. I have to say that I prefer the Denki's, even though that is not a 100% fair comparison (92mm vs 120mm).

I too like the Sanyo Denki's and EBM/Pabst fans. Some of my favorite. I however do not care for the huge dead spot on the Sanyo Denki's or the EBM/Pabst fans. Nice find on the fans (EBM/Pabst fans can make a High end Delta look cheap). Both are excellent quality and will last for years of use. If you are using these fans as a case fan any will do. If it is for a heat exchanger ("Radiator") and you intend to use them then I recommend you use a shroud for better cooling.

Back