• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost 3-4*C going to 2x120 rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendosiris

Just thought i'd put this out there, that moving from my BIX-I to a BIX-II dropped my idle temps from 34c to 29-31, and loads from 40-41 (hott in FL some days), to never over 37c. I'm rather happy with this change, and for those running singles thought this might be a decent bit of info if your thinking of the upgrade. These are all CPU Diode temps. Running Pump->CPU->GPU->Rad, and new setup is Pump->CPU->Chipset->GPU->Rad (chipset block is new, with rad.

Alot of people with 1x120mm rad's usually only keep their CPU in the loop because the CPU & GPU are just alot of heat for one 120mm rad to disapate, or at least, this is the generalization I've learned from reading. Very nice temp drop btw :)

originally i wanted a 2x120 rad, but having a midtower case at the time, and not wanting anything external (still was doing some lan parties), i opted for a single 120. Noise was also an issue, removing the GPU fan made things a hint quieter. Now if they had only had the MCP-655 back then >_>

Back