• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

resivoir -> resivoir -> loop ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

ok. heres the deal. i recently purchased my WC setup from DangerDen. i am very pleased with it, except my choice of resivoir. i chose a dual 3.5'' floppy bay resivoir because it would fit in my mid-tower, and i could easily check fluid levels by looking at the front of my case.

My Problem:
In order to fill my loop, i have to take the front facade of my case off, take my DVD drive out, then wedge a small funnel into the top of the res. Not very convenient.

My Porposed Solution?
externalres.gif

having another resivoir, acting as a T-Line to my floppy bay resivoir. Mounted on the outside of the case, with tubing running to the inlet side of my current res.

Would this work? Would this act as a T-Line for my loop? Any help or suggestion is appreciated.
Thank You.

Why not just run a regular T-line before the inlet to the reservoir. Make a hole in the top of the case for the fill port and do a t-line that way, I would think it would be cheaper or around the same price.

I have a simliar setup to that, but with no T-Line. It's a bit harder to fill/remove water but I plan on adding a T-Line/fillport right before my pump so water entering my loop will be more convient, as well as leaving.

if the 3rd port is on top I'd say use it for your external res kinda like mine -

shroud3.jpg

it'll probably take some time to bleed tho.

synthetic_fenix said:
Why not just run a regular T-line before the inlet to the reservoir. Make a hole in the top of the case for the fill port and do a t-line that way, I would think it would be cheaper or around the same price.
I say combine SF's idea and the original. Use a third barb on the res so that you don't have the extra restriction from the T, but instead of a second res, just use a T with a cap from the hardware store.

Otter said:
I say combine SF's idea and the original. Use a third barb on the res so that you don't have the extra restriction from the T, but instead of a second res, just use a T with a cap from the hardware store.

for that to work, i'd have to move my DVD drive up a slot (directly underneath my rad) and find a barb that fits into the fill hole of my res.

Just in case you were wondering, its the Dual 3.5'' Floppy bay res from DangerDen. ill put a link up asap.

Back