• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issue with Koolance HDD blocks, need advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gix330

Registered
issue with Koolance HDD blocks, need your advice

most parts arrived for my 2-loop project. And I will start to build this system this weekend. However, here is an issue with Koolance HD-55-L06(HDX2) kits.
I have 2 SATA Raptors and 2 250GB SATAII, so I bought 2 Koolance HDD kits to cool 4 HDDs total. My tubing are all 1/2", but the Koolance HDD kits is 1/4" size. So I have 2 options here:

1. Use Y adapters, transfer the 1/2" -> two 1/4" tubing after Rad, and cool water go thru 2 HDD kits seperately at the same time, then both 1/4" tubing form back to 1/2" with another Y adaptor. The loop will be: Pump -> Rad -> HDDs-> NB(chip) ->Res -> Pump.

2. purchase 4 1/4" to 1/2" hose adapters, so that the tubing thru 2 HDDs is 1/4". the route will be: Pump -> Rad -> HDD#1 -> HDD#2 -> chip -> Res -> Pump

I personally like the first loop better, because I think the 1/4 to 1/2 hose adapter will take the flow rate down a lil bit. So what do you guys think? :shrug: thx... :santa:

Last edited:
AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
id just go with the y adaptor because it will net you the least restriction

I think so, but the problem is I did not find any 1/2" to two 1/4" Y adapter, or there isnt such thing like dis at all? and only 1/2" Y adapter?

i guess i will use 2 1/2" Y adapters with 4 1/2" to 1/4" adaters

Back