• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new(er) watercooling setup almost complete...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haste266

I recently got a new rad and planned some changes to my case to go along with it.
i painted the rad with some dupli-color mirage paint and i must say it came out quite well but it doesnt show in the pics of course...the color changes from blue/purple/reddish, orange, oh and sparkles too

painted rad
rad 2
rad 3

i also painted the inside of my computer black and sleeved my psu cables black also.
this is in hopes to make my uv stuff stand out really well. im also putting my mcr-220 rad in series with the thermochill rad. the mcr220 will be located in the front of my case(and still have 5 drive bays free!) i also cut a slot in my motherboard tray for wires and such.
drilled 3 holes in the top of my case for tubing and fan wires...

i also removed my asus heatpipe and replaced the thermal pads with as5 and took off the heat trapping asus logo stickers from the pipe. i will be posting another thread about this once i get my machine up and running and have some temps...
pic of test loop with swiftech mcw60
back of empty case
pic of side with motherboard tray(wasnt going for neatness)
pic of window side
omg wires...getting closer...
woooowoooo
cables too short to run behind the motherboard :bang head
oooohhhhh, one tube hooked up, yay laff
glimpse of what it will look like with uv

comments and suggestions of where i could/should place things is most welcome!
flame me if u want for having 2 radiators also. i dont care!

specs of the machine in sig, all watercooled when said and done with a mcp655 pump.
more tubes going in tonight...
more pics to come once i get my friggin block from stasis thermal and leak test it.

Man that radiator is a beast.

Is there a reason the middle fan isn't set up on push/pull like the other two?

Sorry if it's dumb question I'm a newbie :)

I like! I really like your case and how you mounted your rad on top of your case. That's what I'd really like to do w/ my upcoming wc project... but alas I just have a dual heater core so I don't think it'd look near as good on top!

-aDaM^ said:
Lookin good, wheres your 6th fan? :sn:

i left it out for now. i think the rad looks better without it. it "pops" more 8)
even though it looks like a big tumor on top of my case neway. i doubt having one more fan on the bottom for push will make that much difference neway since i have 2 rads for this system.

thanx all for looking and the comments!
more pics hopefully soon...my other waterblock still didnt come in sooooo..im stuck. phooey

ok, almost done with everything. ran all my tubes last night and clamped them down. i put a little bit of fluid in the res so i could get an idea of what it will look like .only thing missing is my stasis thermal gpu block and the liquid in the tubes(except for in the res of course).

here is some more pics.

without side fan
with side fan
comp with side panel on
uv without side panel
uv with side panel

i really hope i get my gpu block today because i wanna get this system up and running! its just sitting there waiting to be used! ugh.

thanks all again for looking.

nice job, looks like a mean machine.

Out of curiosity, having a radiator outside vs inside what is the % difference or average degree increase in cooling you obtain?

1dmf said:
nice job, looks like a mean machine.

Out of curiosity, having a radiator outside vs inside what is the % difference or average degree increase in cooling you obtain?

im not sure 1dmf. it probably depends on where the air is coming from.
i have 2 rads in this setup so i doubt its going to make much difference at all if any where i have my rads.

that sounds like a topic to be started for discussion to me. 8)

Nice Job so far.

I can't tell from the picture but those SATA cables could probably go under the mobo. Would help tidy up the cables a bit. :)

Jimbob7 said:
Nice Job so far.

I can't tell from the picture but those SATA cables could probably go under the mobo. Would help tidy up the cables a bit. :)

thanks jimbob.

the sata cables are about 1 1/2 inches too short to run under the mobo
8(

Back