• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good Budget Watercooling Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pwnt by pat said:
You can do much better. Check the classifieds.

I'd prefer to go with a new kit plus the classifieds might be reliable but I'd rather go with a new kit for peace of mind plus I don't need/want a huge overclock just something better or as good as air cooling that's quiet.

I would highly advise not getting that kit, and good heatsink and fan can probably outperform that :-/ a great kit is the Swiftech Apex

-aDaM^ said:
I would highly advise not getting that kit, and good heatsink and fan can probably outperform that :-/ a great kit is the Swiftech Apex

Sounds like a great kit but it's almost $200 over my budget.

The reviews on this Evercool wc-202 say it's a good quiet kit for the money that'll do just as well as any air cooled setup without the noise.

Honestly, it's not worth the complications of finding decent parts cheap, especially if you want peace of mind building.

I would just get an xp-120 with a quiet fan such as a nexus, or those new scythe brand ones. The thermaltake big typhoon is also an excellent choice, and the fan it comes with is silent. I bet those would get you better temps than a wimpy water setup, and with much less hassle/skill/money involved.

I agree with vh. IMO low end water kits do nothing more than give you a chance to tell everyone at your lunch table that you have a liquid cooled pc. If you get a delux air cooler like an xp120 you will have comparable temps, and a much simpler and safer setup.

Just my $0.02.

Procharger said:
Hey all,
I'm not looking for a great overclock but I'm looking for something that will be silent and cool my gpu and processor adequately at a low price. I have found this kit for $79.99 shipped. Do you guys think this kit is probably the best I could do in this price range or is there a better one for the money?

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Evercool_WC-202/index.html
Take a look at this cheap high performance setup.
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51662

Back