• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

distilled or reverse osmosis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soloz2

Like the title states... what is better for water cooling? I have heard people say both... so I'm confused.

hmm... well that's what I was thinking... but some people have told me that reverse osmosis is better... namely someone who claims to be a chemist.

Did he say why? Filtered water would definitely be more healthy to drink, but distilled is the stuff for your WC system.

Otter said:
Did he say why? Filtered water would definitely be more healthy to drink, but distilled is the stuff for your WC system.

I got RO system in my house, its sure does taste good, but its not as pure as Distilled.

They run RO + Dowfrost for all the cooling of spindles at a large machining company where my dad works, he says that the difference is negligable (sp?) but it's much easier to create RO water than it is to distill it.

I've been running RO + DowFrost in my system for 2 years now, not a spot of anything, anywhere.

no, didn't say why ro was better. when I went to the store I bought both... so I guess I'll just use distilled. Dowfrost is a new one for me. I was planning on using maybe distilled + zerox... but I want it to be uv blue and I think zerox is green so I'm not sure how it will look.

soloz2 said:
no, didn't say why ro was better. when I went to the store I bought both... so I guess I'll just use distilled. Dowfrost is a new one for me. I was planning on using maybe distilled + zerox... but I want it to be uv blue and I think zerox is green so I'm not sure how it will look.

Welcome to the Forums soloz2 :welcome: and gl with your water :)

-aDaM^ said:
Welcome to the Forums soloz2 :welcome: and gl with your water :)

thanks man!

this will be what I'm using for my wc setup:
Swiftech Apogee cpu block
polarflo tt cpu block
hydor L35 pump
modded '77 bonneville heater core
dd single 5/14" bay res
masterkleer 7/16" ID tubing.

I'm going to attempt to mount the heater core on the back of my case using a swiftech radbox. I figure it should work as the radbox connects to the fan. Then I'll use a dd double heater core shroud to connect the fans to the heater core. I should know tomorrow if it will work. The shroud will get here tomorrow :D

Back