• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston or Apacer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

Hi!

I'm getting a new mobo and athlon 1600xp+ on monday, and I'm wondering what memory should I get. There seems to be two options in the shop:

Apacer 256Mb CL2 DIMM 64-bit 184-pin DDR SDRAM

Kingston 256Mb DIMM 64-bit 184-pin DDR SDRAM

The price is the same. Any diferance?

Thanks!

Mika

I got APACER in my rig & to be honest:eek: it's really not that good but it's better than PQI. Have not tried Kingston so no comments. The cost of International shipping for nice, Crucial, ram is expensive but worth it.

i've tried apacer before, and was not impressed at all. kingston on the other hand, has a very good rep.

more choise!

Hi!

Thanks for the awnsers! I had kingston on my old setup, and it never let me down. I found one more option, that is not alot more expensive (20%)

MUSHKIN 256MB DDR BASIC PC-2100

Is that any better? Seems there's no Crucial ram in finland, or then I just can't find it.

Mika

if you're in finland, you could order from crucial's european website, and it wouldn't cost you much. try here for some prices. and mushkin is good stuff, btw.

Last edited:
id go with Kingston just to be safe, sometimes saving money does not save a headache....grasshopper

words from the master to the pupil

out of those, id go w/ mushkin, then kingston, then that other stuff. however, that crucial would be a good option too if you canget a good price for it over there...

damn that's cheap!

WOW

That crucial ram is the same price as kingston here... now just to figure out a way to get it here...

how wrong I was...

What a great suprise... For once I managed to be patient, and it payed off. I was sure there is no shops in finland selling Crucial, and suddenly I bumped into a shop that not only sells it, but can also test it, and give full specs for a slightly higher price!

Mika

*happy as a bird*

Back