• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iodine Anyone have a pic of the bottle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just make sure it says no alcohol if you use acrylic in your loop. I don't think three or four drops of iodine with alcohol in a loop with 32 oz of coolant can really hurt acrylic, but why take a chance?

Yeah you should try asking someone, preferably someone from the pharmacy as they will more than likely know what you're talking about. Wal-mart is too big of a store to try looking for one small bottle. And plus Iodine comes in different containers from store to store so posting a pic wouldn't help too much

The one I got from walmart is equate povidone-iodine solution, 10%. It has a light yellow label with blue lettering. It has no alcohol in it. It came in an 8oz bottle.

Is it a brownish red color?
I'm sure that as diluted as we would mix it you would never know I just want to make sure I get the right stuff. I went to Wal-Mart once to get it and all they had was that reddish brown and I didn't think that was it so I went to a waterbed store and got their waterbed conditioner but it takes the UV dye out of my loop.

You might be able to also find it in a camping or sporting goods department/store. We used to use it for water purification back when I was backpacking.

I just went to a veterinarian today and asked about iodine and they gave me a 3cc syringe of what they called "pure, non staining iodine" ... that's a way you could go if you don't want to spend extra money on questionable products. They gave me it for no charge because I go there enough besides.

Just a thought for you looking for it.

NODES said:
ah i see, use windshield washer fluid works great too
Most (all?) windshield wiper fluid contains alcohol, and will react with any acrylic in the loop, and simply destroy it after long enough exposure. Meaning if you have acrylic topped blocks and an acrylic rad, you will send your PC swimming after a while. That's why we recommend alcohol free iodine solution.

Back