• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Completed first WC in my PC-65 (PICS)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobile

Hi all. With a lot of help from these forums, I have completed my watercooling project. This has been a long-time in the making as I had to put everything on hold for a couple of years while I was busy with other things.

Now that I'm done, I am already looking towards building another using everything I have learned. I also started this project with more of a "extreme-cooling" mindset, and now I want to build a WC system that is smaller and geared more towards "ultra-quiet".

My case temp is 29C and my XP2500 @ 2.2Ghz is sitting at 38C IDLE, and 42C LOAD.

The rad box was custom built from plexi, with two 120mm fans running off of a fan speed control located at the top corner of the rad box.

I used a Mag 3 pump, and 3/8" tubing. I have not finished mounting the pump, so it's sitting slightly skewed in the case for now. I bought my tubing like 3 years ago, so its fairly discolored, and I want to replace it before I add my water dye to polish off the system - this is why the pump isn't fully mounted yet.

So thank you again everyone for all the help, and I hope these pics can help to inspire others attempting their first system.

mobilewater14co.jpg

mobilewater46dm.jpg

mobilewater37zs.jpg

Last edited:
wouldnt a lot of the air go right over the rad?

if you sealed off the top wouldn't more go through your rad?

techun said:
wouldnt a lot of the air go right over the rad?

if you sealed off the top wouldn't more go through your rad?

If I sealed off the top, I would definitely get my air through my rad due to the vacuum effect. My original plan was to seal the lid around the top of the rad with some more plexi, but as my WC priorities changed from cooling to quiet, I decided not to bother. The inside of the box stays nice and cool, and my temps are good - so I left it as-is. However it is something I could tinker with in the future.

Yellow fans were painted by me, and I am using a T-LINE right up the rear of the computer where the bottom tube exits the case.

I'll bet after all of that time it is really rewarding to finally have it setup. The acrylic box looks nice. The funny part is that for me it is not just the results that I like, it is also the process involved in figuring out how you are going to set things up and then actually building it.

I started 15 months ago with a swiftech H20 kit, went to a heatercore, then changed to a 50z pump, then another case that I custom painted, changed both blocks, and finally to a wooden case that I designed and made myself. Each change I learned more and kept figuring out and working toward what I want. And I'm still not done tweaking as I am about to make a few changes again, namely the pump and some tubing routing along with stealthing some drives. I must say that for the most part I am very satisfied with my own custom case-much more so than any store bought case. Tinkering with watercooling can be addictive.

Keep up the good work. Just don't take years next time!

what if you just used some foam (maybe like weatherstripping) or something like that on the top of the rad? just an idea...nice setup :D

Very nice setup. Bet that would be hard to move if you LAN alot or go to a friends house.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

That's tygon, veryhumid.

The foam/weather-stripping idea is a good one, as it would be easy to do.

voigts, thats my favourite part as well. Now that it's almost complete, I miss the design process - I guess thats why I'm already looking to the next project. Combining my modded XBOX and a server into a full size case to put next to my TV - watercooled, with complete silence as the goal.

ziggo0, my box doesn't leave it's home, so portability was not one of my intended results - However I did leave enough slack on the tubing to place the radbox on top of my case for transport.

Back