• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my stuff came in. have some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tvdang7

i got this today
MP-05 SP
maze4 low profile gpu
swiftech mcp655 pump
dangerden fillport

everything new but the mp-o5
got it all for $120

i have a few questions

1) on the maze4 it has htis piece of plastic on the copper block.do i remove it?
2) what do i connect the cpu block to? my original motherboard back plate?
3) any tips on stretching the 3/8 tubing to make it fit 1/2 on the pump?
4) what are these extra clear plastic pieces that come with my cpu block.? they look like replacements but im not sure.

Last edited:
1. Yes, remove it before you use
2. You should be able to use the original back plate.
3. Soak it in hot water first
4. What do they look like

tvdang7 said:
1) on the maze4 it has htis piece of plastic on the copper block.do i remove it?
2) what do i connect the cpu block to? my original motherboard back plate?
3) any tips on stretching the 3/8 tubing to make it fit 1/2 on the pump?
4) what are these extra clear plastic pieces that come with my cpu block.? they look like replacements but im not sure.

1) Yes. But keep it on as long as possible - it's there to protect the lapped base from being scratched.

2) Don't own a Maze4, but generally the water block will install using the default backplate. If the block didn't come with instructions, get the instructions from the Danger Den Web site.

3) I streched my 3/8" Tygon to fit a 1/2" pump by placing the end in boiling water for a few seconds. I know this isn't bad for Tygon, but may not work well with other types of tubing.

4) No idea. Maybe a Maze 4 owner can help you here.

4) Those are extra nozzle plates they each give different performance. stick with the nozzle plate that has a bunch of small holes in it. I believe it gives you the best performance.

cruzinmitsu said:
4) Those are extra nozzle plates they each give different performance. stick with the nozzle plate that has a bunch of small holes in it. I believe it gives you the best performance.

thanks man and every one else.

i have 1 with a + sign in it and one with a big hole in it. im guessing the one with alot of holes is the one already installed.

as for the tubing i dont have hte good stuff i have pvc which doesnt look like it will stretch well. do what other solutions do i have? get a small piece of 1/2 tubing and get a 1/2 to 3/8 barb? if thats even possible? damn and my T line is 1/2 as well.!!!!!!

I've gotten masterkleer 3/8 over 1/2 barbs plenty of times, and I don't use heat. I use KY, but I don't recommend you try it because I thorougly flush everything after. So warm the tubing, and start working it on. Put it over the barb at an angle to get the barb inside and force the rest of the tubing on. Don't worry, it will stretch (you said you don't have the good stuff but I disagree, it's just not the best).

thanks everyone. ill go get me a radiator tomorrow or after that and ill post some pics.

what do u rate my current set up so far? ill get a blackice pro probably(i hear not a big difference between extreme) pretty mid range?
and guessing of the temp difference between this set up and my xp-90?

Last edited:
Back