• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator on P160W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IrishAssassin

Where would be a good place to fit a Radiator 1x120mm or 2x120mm. I've been going back and forth trying to figure out where to put it, keep in mine I want to do the LEAST ammount of cutting possible. I basically want to cool the GPU and CPU and not going to run a reservoir. So what do you guys think ?

You'll have to give more information about your case before anyone can help you. There are many ways to skin that particular cat, and without knowing about your case, how you feel about external rads, etc, it is impossible to give you meaningful answer.

Well, I don't know what more to say about the case it's a P160W. I don't mind external rads, I'm only using one hard drive and one optical drive and a floppy, so space inside is not really an issue also.

IrishAssassin said:
Well, I don't know what more to say about the case it's a P160W. I don't mind external rads, I'm only using one hard drive and one optical drive and a floppy, so space inside is not really an issue also.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize that was the model number. For external, I favor mounting on the top with two or three inches standoff, and it looks like that should be easy with your case. Just build some sort of frame on top of the case, maybe out out of slotted angle iron. Or you might just use extra long bolts. Either way, you'll only have to cut the holes for the tubing and drill a few small holes to bolt on the frame or rad.

Keep in mind that top-mounted rads are hard to bleed unless you flip the case over for a while, though, and make sure your design will stand on its head.

Ziggo's internal top mount looks good too if you don't mind the extra cutting.

Back