• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a little help on Swiftech Storm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gix330

Registered
I am and building my first wc project now, but here comes a really stupid question:
I have read the Swiftech Storm CPU block manual many times, but which barb is inlet? and which one is outlet? or it actually doesnt matter!?

Also, it is really hard to bend the tubes for my Sli cards, so does this loop sound good to you?
Pump -> Rad -> GPU1 -> CPU -> GPU2 -> Res -> Pump

Plz let me know ASAP, thx guys!

The centre barb is inlet, outer barb is outlet.

I would personally put the rad right before the CPU and have the GPUs consecutive in that setup but I'd prefer seperate loops in an SLI setup unless you have some kind of crazy rad.

The order has no practical meaning at all. Temperature remains within 1 degrees in any part of the loop - most likely within 0.5 degrees. I'd just try to make the tube routing as short and as direct as possible.

Daddyjaxx said:
The only order that matters is res --> pump.

Quoted for truth. Temperatures are meaningless but AFAIK having the reservoir befor the pump gives the best pump performance, pump longevity and filling convenience.

thx guys. actually i am builing a 2 loop wc project, and this cpu, sli loop is with a BIX III rad, which is enough i guess.
and yes, i will try to make the loop as short as possible.

Back