• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Radiator do i need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlanD911

Right now i have a 3200+ wincheser overclocked to 2.6 and 2x 6600gts in SLI mode. I have watercooled the 3200+ winchester with a swiftech apogeee, and the 6600gt with a dangerden maze4 low profile acetel version. My heatercore is from a chevette. However I want to cool the other 6600gt and the chipset. Which heatercore am I going to need that can handle all of this heat?

no I mean a car heatercore. The bix2 would cost much more than moding a car heatercore.

I just called canadian tire and they do not sell the 77 bonneville heatercore. I then called the general motors dealership and they will have to order in the part for me but it will cost a grand total of $74.74 Canadian. Can someone who knows of the cooling potential of this heatercore or has it tell me the total capacity of it's cooling? Will this core really Cool both 6600gts along with a 3200+ winchester overclocked to 2.6 and a dfi ultra-d chipset?

AlanD911 said:
I just called canadian tire and they do not sell the 77 bonneville heatercore. I then called the general motors dealership and they will have to order in the part for me but it will cost a grand total of $74.74 Canadian. Can someone who knows of the cooling potential of this heatercore or has it tell me the total capacity of it's cooling? Will this core really Cool both 6600gts along with a 3200+ winchester overclocked to 2.6 and a dfi ultra-d chipset?

yes, those are same HC Weapon use's, they can cool an entire SLi system with ease.

If a dual heatercore is going to cost that much there you can probably buy a dual rad for the money. The reason people used heatercores was a matter of cost as heatercores here in the US can be had for less than $20. However with the price of rads having gone down substantially, I would go that route. A dual rad is all you need. You have no use for a 120.3 or BIPIII or BIXIII.

go to a local car repair shop, that does transmissions and rad repairs, (local not a chain) and they should have some lying around, if your nice enough they may even give it to ya for free, thats how i got my first rad, and reciprocated that to a friend

where are you in canada anyways

i'm in toronto. The only place that sells radiators here sell them for extremely inflated prieces its rediculous.

upps... wrong thread... switched tabs to look something up for someone and didn't pay attention when coming back. :bang head

Back