• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting a double heatercore in an impossible case; radbox or no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natewildes

I've seen Swiftech Radbox's being used with Blackice radiators, but never with heatercores, can it be done? If not, I want to get the heatercore mounted without seriously modded the case, so mounting it up with the CD-ROMs is out of the question. Please keep in mind that the Sonata II is extremely small and cramped, so internal room is hard to come by, espescially with a pump and reservoir already present.

it's possible to use a radbox w/ a heater core. I just did it on my rig. I'll post a pic in a min.

img2027116pw.jpg

img2025414ob.jpg

img1997112fk.jpg

img1998213ty.jpg

hope this helps!

Last edited:
it's just a deal that connects you to your case so you are grounded. it goes around your wrist (i.e. wristband) and has a cord w/ an allegator clip at the end that you clip on your case. That way you are much less likely to fry something from a static discharge

looks good, thanks for the help! Is weight at all a problem? The black ice pro radiators are significantly lighter than a similar heatercore; did you have to support it on the bottom at all? This solves my headache, I now know I can mount my radiator in peace....now off to find one for cheap!

I didnt' support it. yes, it sags a little bit, but nothing too bad. I have the tubing at the top so I think the tubes are helping support the weight a little bit. I've been thinking about just setting something under it for a little extra support, but I haven't gotten that far. keep in mind that I had to add spacers (more than swiftech recommends) to get my heater core far enough away from my case to run my tubing bc I had to make a bend. If you could get your tubing straight into your case you would be able to mount it closer so weight wouldn't be as much of an issue.

performance pcs had the rev. 2 one for 26 shipped. that's the best deal I found. Otherwise xoxide has the original for a decent price. I got the rev. 2 bc it states that it's good for double and tripple rads, where the original doesn't say this.

Sidewinder Computers has one for $22, but I can't tell if it's rev.1 or rev.2...anybody know?

I see....well, it looks like rev.2 is the way to go, since it's both cheaper and better.....who knew?

Back