• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling a d830

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satanspet

Registered
do u think that 1 120mm rad would be enough to cool a d830 or would a 240mm rad be worth the extra. thanks :)

Satanspet said:
do u think that 1 120mm rad would be enough to cool a d830 or would a 240mm rad be worth the extra. thanks :)

if you're just gonna wc the processor a single 120mm rad will be fine.

Those 8xx chips put out a lot of heat. You may be able to get by with the 1x120 rad, but if you have the money you will do better with a 2x120 rad...besides if you get a larger rad you will have room to upgrad and include more things in your loop.

The 8XX series are essentially dual core Prescotts. They are probably the hottest CPUs available. Definitely will need at least a 2X120mm radiator. I said that in the other thread too.

thanks guys when i get paid on friday i may considdering ebaying for a good buy thanks :)

get a dual heater core. I've got one and it works great, it'll give you better performance than a dual rad. I've got an extra that's modded to 1/2" barbs pm me if you're interested.

definatly interested in that heater core please reply to the message i sent you so we can work out a price. thanks :)

Satanspet said:
definatly interested in that heater core please reply to the message i sent you so we can work out a price. thanks :)

I sent you a message w/ some pics

-aDaM^ said:
You don't get access until you get 3 stars :-/

that's why I couldnt' see anything... I was looking yesterday! I hate being a noob again... I can buy and sell on the other forums I'm members of... oh well... how long do u have to be a member before you get 3 stars?

It's not a matter of time it's a matter of posts. I believe you have to have 100 non-spam posts to gain access to the classies. In order to participate in the classies you need an email addy you pay for (i.e. the one that comes from your ISP) or a school email addy. People in the armed forces are exempt from the email requirements.

ohh... I've got a few posts to go then... I prob shouldn't have changed my addy to my gmail account then...

oh well we'll get this done over the private message channels and we both have a few posts to go i geuss lol

soloz2 said:
ohh... I've got a few posts to go then... I prob shouldn't have changed my addy to my gmail account then...

Yeah, you will be suspended from the classies until you comply...that is once you are able to gain access to the classies. There is a thread about the email compliance.

I'm going to say this publicly as there is more than one person who needs to be aware of this in this thread: We do not condone, endorse or allow dealing in open forum, outside of the classifieds section, at all. Doing so can (and quite probably will) get you banned for doing so. To those who had discussed dealing in this thread so far, know that you have acquired my attention. Do not do this again.

eobard said:
I'm going to say this publicly as there is more than one person who needs to be aware of this in this thread: We do not condone, endorse or allow dealing in open forum, outside of the classifieds section, at all. Doing so can (and quite probably will) get you banned for doing so. To those who had discussed dealing in this thread so far, know that you have acquired my attention. Do not do this again.

I am sorry. I was not aware of this. I know it is probably my fault for not reading through all the stickies, but nonetheless I did not mean to violate any policies. Since I have been informed I have not pursued this sale.

Well I think at first they were going to do it by PM but after that point it all went down hill. Such is life. Anyways, back on topic *cough*

Pentium Ds are like little space heaters. I installed one in my boss' system and man is it a hot little chip (805). Once you've overclocked it you can use it to heat your room on cold nights ;).

Back