• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$40, a Dremel, and some spraypaint = My New Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
plenty of room heightwise and perfect for dual psu's. the only gripe i have with it is that its not deep enough so things are kinda cramped in there right now.

so i decided to mount my core on the top of my case pulling air in. i also had to cut out the fan grilles to allow more airflow and i thought it i would be using two psu's, but after mounting my core there was only enough space for 1. here are the things i cut out:

104_0436.jpg

104_0437.jpg

i also decided to cut a design on the side panel for a window.

before:

104_0439.jpg

after:

104_0454.jpg

Front:

104_0460.jpg

Top:

104_0461.jpg

i still havent finished cutting the acrylic for the window but ive sprayed the side panels black. basically this is the only thing ive yet to finish. so after mounting everything my videocard artifacts at lower clocks than before so ill have to remount the gpu block. my temps went up about 1 degree with my fans running at 1/2 volts so i guess thats not bad considering the extra tubing i added. also i have no sound (think i must have broke it when i was swapping cases). otherwise im extremely happy with this build. overall weight i would have to say was ~25lbs give or take a few so i can definetly take it to a lan party, but even if weight was an issue this thing has wheels so i dont even have to carry it. anyways, feel free to make and comments, suggestions, constructive criticism, ect.

what dremel pieces did you use? I am curious there isnt much selection around my parts

Thats a SuperCase, I have the same model. Haven't seen another one in years. Not the highest quality, but ti works great. I took mine completely apart and am in the process of painting it, inside and out.

Great work.

Stratus_ss said:
what dremel pieces did you use? I am curious there isnt much selection around my parts

i just used the cheap carbon cut off wheels. they were somewhere around $6 for 20 at homedepot.

That really is a great case. My dad used to have the mid-sized version of it with four 5.25" bays and it has been handed down to my sister. I've been itching to mod it but she can't go without her computer for any longer than three days, not long enough for a window cut, etch, paintjob and some other dremeling.

Looks great though! I might get the same one for my server. Keep it up!

Nice.

I have a mid-tower that looks basically like that in design and style. I'm sure it was made by the same place. It's old and I don't use it anymore, but it's so sturdy I couldnt bear to throw it away.

Very nice, why isn't the t-line plugged in any of the pics? My water level goes up when my system gets hot, you might want to think about that...

Stratus_ss said:

you should cheak my thread, I provided a picture of the dremel bit I used, it cut my case amazing, way better then those cheap red carbon cut-off wheels.

-aDaM^ said:
you should cheak my thread, I provided a picture of the dremel bit I used, it cut my case amazing, way better then those cheap red carbon cut-off wheels.

for cutting aluminum, you should be using the black cutting wheels.

that looks as if the case came in black! nice paintjob!

Back