• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn frustrated, need help asap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gabbo

Registered
first off, heres what im running,
swiftech storm block
swiftech mcw30 chipset block
danger den nv68 gpu block
2 swiftech mcp655s
1 thermochill he 120.3
hydrx coolant
1 t-line

here was how i was running it
pump1->pump2->thermochill->storm->mcw30->nv68->pump1

heres the problem:
THE FLOW IS ALL MESSED UP! i have no idea what the problem is, there are large air pockets THAT JUST STAY THERE and nothing seems to be flowing correctly and like the tube that connects my rad to my storm is like..not full you know? so here are my questions if you guys dont mind answering...

1. would you guys have a similiar setup if you had the same parts?
2. where should my t-line be positioned?
3. what setting should i leave my mcp655s at?
4. there is a little screw on the back of my thermochill rad, what does it do?

and also, i had a reservoir hooked up but that seemed like a failure, it was an angel eyes uv blue typhoon reservoir with 2 barbs (crappy design if you ask me) and i had a t line setup (RIGHT BEFORE PUMP 1 WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE IT NOW) and my reservoir kept eating all the water i poored down my t-line, but when i covered the res like the water in the t-line was going up down up down and my pump was making weird noises like HIGH NOISE low noise HIGH NOISE etc.

not sure if this is common but when i set the pumps to 5 the water inside was a little foamy, cause the water is traveling so fast? is it because of water turbulance?

anyways, im going to ditch the res cause i dont want to spend more money to get a better one, if you guys can fix my setup WITH the t-line then id grealy appreciate it, any suggestions are appreciated

the T line should be at the highest point in your loop. have you tried running with only one pump to see if you can get the lines full of water? Do your pumps have an adequate supply of water? since you have your pumps one right after the other you'll have to figure out a way to get the second pump water before you turn it on...you don't want to run it dry!

So you currently have BOTH a T-line and Res? I thought it was one or the other... before the inlet of a pump.

The t line doesnt have to be before the pump, It will just take longer to bleed if its elsewhere. I have had issues when ive converted 1/2inch to 3/hose where i have pockets of air in the tubing. All i had to do is move the computer around and turn the pump on and off and eventually it would push the air to the res.

The water is foamy beacuse your sending air into both pumps. Try turning on only 1 pump and turn the other one on later.

When you said the T line is infront of pump one you mean tline -> pump1 -> pump2?

gabbo said:
first off, heres what im running,
swiftech storm block
swiftech mcw30 chipset block
danger den nv68 gpu block
2 swiftech mcp655s
1 thermochill he 120.3
hydrx coolant
1 t-line

looks like he's running a tripple rad to me

TreeNode said:
So you currently have BOTH a T-line and Res? I thought it was one or the other... before the inlet of a pump.
I have both, with the t-line going into my reservoir. I would recommend testing both pumps to see if they work, you really don't need two pumps for that setup (if one doesn't work).

ok, ill take your guys' suggestions into consideration, gonna toy with my pumps like you guys said and then toss the res if i need to, thanks for all the help guys, be back later

only power one pump up to fill it, make sure it's primed and it'll push water through the loop. once there's enough water in there it'll be able to circulate and you'll just be bleeding at that point.

as for t-line position, it's infront of the pump for easy filling, at the highest point for easiest bleeding.

ok cause the my t-line tube might not be high enough, that might be the problem eh?
damn. but i always make sure that my pumps are not running dry to begin with, is that what you guys are saying not to do? cause before i turned on the pumps i filled each pump with water

okies not to derail (and maybe this isnt) but ... maybe someone could clarify this for me ...

i can understand running 2 loops and thus 2 pumps (1 for cpu and chipset, 1 for dual gpu's as an example) but why would you us 2 pumps 1 feeding into a 2nd ... it would seem to me that that would create pressure feedback in the loop and hinder rather than enhance flow in the loop

maybe im wrong hence the question

gabbo said:
ok cause the my t-line tube might not be high enough, that might be the problem eh?
damn. but i always make sure that my pumps are not running dry to begin with, is that what you guys are saying not to do? cause before i turned on the pumps i filled each pump with water

i'm sure your t-line is fine, even though you haven't really told us what's going on. that's a very large loop and it's just gonna take a while to fill.

greyharte said:
okies not to derail (and maybe this isnt) but ... maybe someone could clarify this for me ...

i can understand running 2 loops and thus 2 pumps (1 for cpu and chipset, 1 for dual gpu's as an example) but why would you us 2 pumps 1 feeding into a 2nd ... it would seem to me that that would create pressure feedback in the loop and hinder rather than enhance flow in the loop

maybe im wrong hence the question

running pumps in series increases pressure

but wouldnt that in turn creat back pressure after all if your pumps (example) put out 10lbs pressure singly then i dont see mechanically how 2 of the same pumps in series can increase that pressure as it can only generate 10lbs in the firstplace ... theoretically if that were true that would over time increase pressure so much on the system that it would explode as you creat an initial 10 lbs which goes full loop and comes back still 10 lbs pushed thru 10lbs and increasing the loop pressure ... still doesnt add for me ... and the pumps themselves still only push 10lbs pressure ...

seems to me that you would get better effect by running a 1/2" inlet to a 3/8" outlet and loop into a res if you wanted to increase pressure in the loop even running the final leg of your loop to the res down to 1/4" ... would also be cheaper

even running parallell into a y-fitting would give better pressure increase
than running in series

course my understanding in hydrodynamics could be flawed here

Last edited:
I wouldnt get rid of the res, its probably not the culprit. You need to fill your sytem as much as you can before you turn the pumps on. Just filling the pumps with water isnt enough. You have to ensure that the pump is constantly receving water then entire time.

greyharte said:
but wouldnt that in turn creat back pressure after all if your pumps (example) put out 10lbs pressure singly then i dont see mechanically how 2 of the same pumps in series can increase that pressure as it can only generate 10lbs in the firstplace ... theoretically if that were true that would over time increase pressure so much on the system that it would explode as you creat an initial 10 lbs which goes full loop and comes back still 10 lbs pushed thru 10lbs and increasing the loop pressure ... still doesnt add for me ... and the pumps themselves still only push 10lbs pressure ...

seems to me that you would get better effect by running a 1/2" inlet to a 3/8" outlet and loop into a res if you wanted to increase pressure in the loop even running the final leg of your loop to the res down to 1/4" ... would also be cheaper

even running parallell into a y-fitting would give better pressure increase
than running in series

course my understanding in hydrodynamics could be flawed here

well the first pump basically already has done the sucktion part and pumps in into the 2nd pump where it gets slingshotted again, im not good at explaining but ya...

icic
ok heres the situation
once the pumps stop running....all tubes are FULL of water
once the pumps start running...some tubes become empty and looks like water is flowing EXTREMELY SLOWLY.

OK
if my memory serves me right, i might have figured out the problem.
my t-line TUBE IS NOT HIGHER THAN MY RADIATOR lol is that a problem?

my radiator is hanging horizontally on the top of my case but the t-line is like right below it HAHA

also my friend told me that i should have my pump PULLING from my res meaning:

gpu->res->pump1

what you guys think?

gabbo said:
icic
ok heres the situation
once the pumps stop running....all tubes are FULL of water
once the pumps start running...some tubes become empty and looks like water is flowing EXTREMELY SLOWLY.

OK
if my memory serves me right, i might have figured out the problem.
my t-line TUBE IS NOT HIGHER THAN MY RADIATOR lol is that a problem?

my radiator is hanging horizontally on the top of my case but the t-line is like right below it HAHA

also my friend told me that i should have my pump PULLING from my res meaning:

gpu->res->pump1

what you guys think?

Well, my T-Line is below my rad but I don't use a res, but if your case yes.

You should always have the Res > Pump inlet.

LOL wow um...im an idiot, ok back to the drawing board, be back with some results and pics

THANKS A LOT GUYS!

Back